From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, January 01, 2007 7:21 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1241 517TH PRCT- JANUARY 1, 2007

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Washington Reunion. Arrival Wednesday June 27. Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday July 2 .

Banquet at Kissimmee Reunion. Wednesday, January 24

I want to thank Jesse Darden for referring to our website in his Static Line column for the October issue which I received in December.

Mail Call                                  Ben 517@AOL.COM

Reunions           Florida Snowbird Mini-Reunion      January 21 - 25
 2007                  Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion    April 15 - 20

                            Washington, DC  National              June 27 - July 2

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Rick Sweet

 Happy New year to the 517th , Family and Friends. I am glad to have found this site.  I am proud of all of you.  If anyone remembers Odas Sweet I would appreciate hearing from you.
  shugarhill@fuse.net  I wish you many more years.

                                                                                                Rick Sweet
                                                                                                Son of a Battlin Buzzard

 Morris McDowell

Ben,
I called the home of Doyle Maxwell last week & learned that Doyle had passed away in May of 2006. I was very sorry to learn of his passing, he was in 'H' company & a good friend of Fred Harmon. Fred & I had visited him about 5 years ago in Springfield TN. about 15 miles N. east of Nashville. I SALUTE all of you FINE MEN of the 517 PRCT GOD BLESS YOU ALL. Morris McDowell

Patricia and Roland Orengo

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM SOSPEL

Patricia and Roland Orengo

Bob Barrett

I added a couple more things to the web site:

  1. Photo of Donald Chaulk and friends, HQ Co, 3rd Bn

  2. I added a bio for Allan Goodman under “Meet the Troopers”

  3. Christophe and Alain Fine sent in 2 videos from the 2006 Commemoration of Col de Braus, dedicated to Floyd Polk

Note: The videos are large. You will need a fast connection.

Bob

Howard Hensleigh

Dear Ben,  WELCOME HOME.  It hardly seems possible that you are back in Massachusetts so soon after our visit yesterday afternoon.  We were honored by your visit and much appreciate the picture Joe Calder took of Lt. Col Paxton and his staff during the Bulge and the other items you left with us.  All Mail Calls have something of interest:

Bob's posting a picture of sgt. Don Chaulk and his 3rd Bn. friends is a plus.  Don faithfully performed S-3 duties for a number of S-3s starting with Bill Pencak, and ending up with me, with Grant Hooper in between.

Note to Dennis Sura:  Your father was wounded on a bad day in the diversionary attack at Bergstein, Germany, where Woodie Woodhull was killed.

Note to Kent Immerfall:  Yes, the 27th of December will be remembered for two things:  the loss of my good Iowa friend, your uncle Floyd Stott and most of his platoon to friendly artillery fire (late and short); and the 3rd Battalion's taking Manhay, Belgium, the first territory retaken from the Germans in the Bulge.

Note to William Slayton Johnson:  Your grandfather Bill Pencak logged many a mile with the 3rd Bn. as S-3, commander of Hq. 3rd, and as Bn. Executive Officer.  Mel Zais considered him and excellent S-3.  He and your grandmother did an excellent job in planning and executing for the Nashville reunion.  My late wife, Jan, always remarked about how helpful Bill was in assisting us in making handicap arrangements for me before and during the reunion.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL YOU BUZZARDS AND ASSOCIATE BUZZARDS.  MAY YOUR TEAMS WIN.  OUR LOVE TO YOU.
Howard Hensleigh

Ronald Stassen

Guys,

Thanks so much for this information!

If you agree i will write the story, with your help and put it on my website.
I'm so pleased with the information, you can't imagine.

The deceased files are in my possession, if you are interested,  I can send you copies.

Kind regards

Ronald is referring information about Woodie Woodhull - Ben

517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team

Annual Florida Snowbird Mini-Reunion 2007

January 21-25, 2007
Kissimmee, FL

Hosting: Leila Webb, Donna Hilliard

Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida 34747

Tele: 1-800-327-9170 Fax 1-407-396-4320

Web site: www.ramadagateway.com

Room rate $65.00 + tax. Send reservations directly to hotel and specify you are with the 517th Reunion. Rates will be honored +/-5 days of the actual reunion to allow for early arrivals and stay-overs.

Transportation Airport: Hotel located 25 miles west of the Orlando International Airport. Directly outside the baggage level on each concourse at the airport is a commercial transportation company ticket counter – MEARS – This company provides 8-10 passenger shuttle van transportation to our hotel departing every 20-30 minutes as long as aircraft are still landing at the airport. This cost is approximately $29 per person roundtrip and $16 per person one-way. MEARS Telephone 1-800-223-3868.

Registration: Cost $40.00 per person, which includes the hospitality room and banquet – no refund after Jan 10. A couple of people have volunteered to bring food for the hospitality room. If you want to volunteer to bring something, it will be appreciated. The banquet meal will be a Shrimp and Roast Beef dinner.

Send your registration to Leila Webb, 4155 Kissimmee Park Road, Saint Cloud, Fl. 34772.

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion Jan. 21-25, 2007

Parachute Regimental Combat Team

Hosting: Leila Webb, Donna Hilliard

Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida 34747

Tele: 1-800-327-9170 Fax 1-407-396-4320

Web site: www.ramadagateway.com

PLEASE TYPE OR PRINT CLEARLY

COST OF REGISTRATION, USE OF HOSPITALITY ROOM, AND BANQUET IS $ 40.00 PER PERSON.

PLEASE SEND PAYMENT TO LEILA WEBB, 517TH COMBAT TEAM, 4155 KISSIMMEE PARK, SAINT CLOUD, FLORIDA 34772