From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 7:16 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1242 517TH PRCT- JANUARY 3,2007

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Washington Reunion. Arrival Wednesday June 27. Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday July 2 .

Banquet at Kissimmee Reunion. Wednesday, January 24

Mail Call                                  Ben517@aol.com

Reunions           Florida Snowbird Mini-Reunion      January 21 - 25
 2007                  Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion    April 15 - 20

                            Washington, DC  National              June 27 - July 2

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

A very happy new year 2007 and the best wishes from French friends..
love to you all !
Mickael, Lizy an son Adrien
Eric
Airborne Museum Le Muy France

http://hotbar.com/scripts/utils/content.asp?requestor=ec1
Ronald Stassen
Ben,

 Thanks for adding me to the MAIL CALL

 Is it possible that you use my email address from home, Ronald@band-of-brothers.nl

 Thanks in advance

 Regards

 Ronald

Ronald Stassen

Guys,

I just spoke to his sister in law.
His (Robert Woodhull's) brother died several years ago.

His sister is still alive and kicking.
I have their email addresses and phone numbers.
His sister in law was very excited, just like I was.
Yesterday she had shown Robert's uniform to her daughter. Its still in the attic.

This is just great, i'm freaked out!
Weird thing

Regards

Ronald
                                                       *************
Ronald is a Netherlands friend who takes care if Robert Woodhull's grave. -Ben

JUST A SIMPLE SOLDIER

The politician's stipend and the style in which he lives
Are sometimes disproportionate to the services he gives, While the ordinary soldier, who offered up his all, Is paid off with a medal, and perhaps a pension small.

It's so easy to forget them, for it was so long ago
That our Bob's and Jim's and Johnny's went to battle, but we know It was not the politicians, with their compromise and ploys, Who won for us the freedom that our country now enjoys.

Should you find yourself in danger with your enemies at hand, Would you really want some cop-out with his ever waffling stand? Or would you want a soldier who has sworn to defend His home, his kin, and country, and would fight until the end?

He was just a common soldier and his ranks are growing thin But his presence should remind us, we may need his like again. For when countries are in conflict, then we find the soldier's part Is to clean up all the troubles that the politicians start.

If we cannot do him honor while he's here to hear the praise, Then at least let's give him homage at the ending of his days. Perhaps a simple headline in the paper that might say:
OUR COUNTRY IS IN MOURNING, FOR A SOLDIER DIED TODAY.

A PARATROOPER'S PRAYER
Almighty God, Our Heavenly Father; Who art above us and beneath us, within and around us; Drive from our minds of our paratroops any fear of the space in which Thou art ever present. Give them confidence in the strength of Thine Everlasting arms to uphold them. Endure them with clear minds and pure hearts that they may participate worthily in the victory which this nation must achieve in Thy name through Thy will. Make them hardy soldiers of our country as well as of Thy Son, Our Savior, Jesus Christ, Amen. Chaplain George B. Wood

The Paratrooper's Prayer
Chaplain Terry Austin, Advanced Airborne School, Fort Bragg
Heavenly Father, hear my call; for through the sky I will soon fall. Stand up, hook up, shuffle to the door, I pray for your will, nothing less, nothing more. One thousand, two thousand, three thousand, four . . . My canopy fill 'fore I count any more. Give me courage, in the midst of my fear, to enjoy your world's beauty from way up here. From jumpers and obstacles float me clear, and safely to the drop zone help me steer. Feet and knees together, preparing myself to land, never more aware that I'm secure within your hand. Guide and help me, as I quickly get to my feet, to conquer every obstacle 'til the mission is complete. In our Lord's name I shall forever pray, because I'm Airborne and Prayerborne all the way. AMEN

A Prayer for Overlord

June 6, 1944, President Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Almighty God: Our sons, pride of our nation, this day have set upon a mighty endeavor, a struggle to preserve our Republic, our religion and our civilization, and to set free a suffering humanity. Lead them straight ad true; give strength to their arms, stoutness to their hearts, steadfastness in their faith. They will need Thy blessings. Their road will be long and hard. For the enemy is strong. He may hurl back our forces. Success may not come with rushing speed, but we shall return again and again; and we know by Thy grace, and by the righteousness of our cause, our sons will triumph. Some will never return. Embrace these, Father, and receive them, Thy heroic servants, into Thy kingdom. And for us at home -- fathers, mothers, children, wives, sisters and brothers of brave men overseas, whose thoughts and prayers are ever with them -- help us, Almighty God, to rededicate ourselves in renewed faith in Thee in this hour of great sacrifice. Give us strength, too -- strength in our daily tasks, to redouble the contributions we make in the physical and the material support of our armed forces. With Thy blessing, we shall prevail over the unholy forces of our enemy. Help us to conquer the apostles of greed and racial arrogances. Lead us to the saving of our country, and with our sister nations into a world unity that will spell a sure peace -- a peace invulnerable to the scheming of unworthy men. And a peace that will let all men live in freedom, reaping the just rewards of their honest toil."