From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 8:16 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1243 PRCT - JANUARY 5, 1945

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Washington Reunion. Arrival Wednesday June 27. Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday July 2 .

Banquet at Kissimmee Reunion. Wednesday, January 24

Mail Call                                  Ben 517@AOL.COM

Reunions           Florida Snowbird Mini-Reunion      January 21 - 25
 2007                  Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion    April 15 - 20

                            Washington, DC  National              June 27 - July 2

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

RONALD STASSEN
Hello Howard and Ben,

A friend of mine adopted the grave from a trooper of the 517th PRCT:

Jesse E. Estes

Technician Fourth Class, U.S. Army

Service # 7080651

517th Parachute Infantry Regiment

Do you have any information?

Kind regards

Ronald
                                                       *************
Jesse E. Estes is one of two 517 members buried in the Ardennes American Cemetery. He was a member of " I " company--Ben

Ardennes American Cemetery

BICKFORD, RALPH G Sgt A 517 PIR C 06 51
ESTES, JESSE E T/4 I 517 PIR D 23 03

Robert Ambrosini

Dear Sir,
  I found your site of the 517th PRCT to be outstanding and very informative.  The reason I am writing is I am looking for information on a friend of my father's, who I believe was in HQ 1st Battalion.  I know you must get more than a few emails looking for information on 517 members, but if you can, I would greatly appreciate any help can offer so we can enter him into the National WWII Memorial Registry.
                                       ****************
Click on National WWII Memorial It will give you all necessary information - Ben

  I always knew him as Gene "Red" Stalions, but I believe he is SSG Allen E. Stalions from HQ/1/517.  He was born in Colusa California and passed away back in the 80's.  He and my father were friends long before I was born and in all those years he never talked about his time in the service.

Again, Thank You for your time.

Robert J. Ambrosini
 Rick Sweet

Hi Ben,

   I finally got around to scanning a few pictures to my computer, so I am sending them to you in hopes that someone remembers my dad "Odas Sweet". Maybe you could add them to the WWII photo section. Some of the pictures feature "Willie Starnes" and  "Vanderport" (no mention of a first name).

  I received a page with my dad's autograph and address from Jay Sutcliffe.

 Thanks Jay, I appreciate it. I sent Willie Starnes a letter but I haven't heard from him yet but I'm still hopeful. I am sure that a lot of the 517th PRCT don't know that this web site exists or do not own a computer so it is hard to contact them. I have some negatives to redevelop of mostly landscapes from an old German camera that my dad brought home from the war . I will send them to you when I get things organized.  Thanks Ben......

                                                                         Rick Sweet

Marty Donhoo

Hi, everyone~~~

As of today I have a new e-mail address.  It is as follows:

Hope this finds everyone healthy and happy!  Have a Great New Year!!

Love, Marty

Rick Sweet

Hi Ben,
         I will have to ask my mom about the parachute school near Rome.  I was too young. The Bulge photo was blown up to an 8 x 11 by me and I showed it to my mom and she also believed that it was my dad hanging on the side of the jeep or truck.  I can't be positive though because it is still a little grainy.  I also found another picture that looks like him.  It is when they came home and got off the ship at New York Harbor. The soldier in the back starting down the steps looks much like him. I wish that I knew for sure.  I wonder if the family that had the picture framed was related to the soldier inside the truck or outside?      Thanks a million...............Rick