From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2007 4:13 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1245 517TH PRCT-JANUARY 11,2007

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Washington Reunion. Arrival Wednesday June 27. Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday July 2 .

Banquet at Kissimmee Reunion. Wednesday, January 24

Tomorrow is Boom Boom Alicki's 90th birthday. Please send us your best wishes for him and we will have them in tomorrow's Mail Call. He will not receive this Mail Call.

Mail Call                                  Ben 517@AOL.COM

Reunions           Florida Snowbird Mini-Reunion      January 21 - 25
 2007                  Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion    April 15 - 20

                            Washington, DC  National              June 27 - July 2

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Pat Seitz and Allan Greer

Dear Ben:
    Would you please let Irma know:  (1) her camera is great; (2) she is a fabulous photographer; and  (3) she is a magnificent lady, historian and preserver of liberation efforts of the 517th.  She is an awesome individual as anyone who has met her can attest.  Because of her and Marie, our trip with Dad to Belgium in 2005, walking the Battle of the Bulge battlegrounds, was the most moving experience that we will never forget.
    Thank you for the photos that she took for the ceremonies honoring the members of the 517th.
    Sincerely,
    Pat Seitz and Alan Greer
Tom Mcavoy

Hey Ben  today I received the thunderbolt and did not find an obituary column, Did I miss it or was it a free  last quarter for our ever growing older population?  Also Ben, I am confused about 2 listed west coast parties (Different dates) Tom McAvoy
                                                                  **************
You have to check with editor of Thunderbolt concerning obituary column. The West Coast reunion dates are:  April 15-20, 2007 -Ben
Frederic from Niece

Dear Ben,

 Hope you are doing well. I wish you all the best for 2007, first health and a good energy!!

 I permit myself to contact you regarding the pictures of soldiers posted on the website by Mr. Doug Chaulk in December 2006. I would be happy to get in touch with him for more information about Pvt. Charles Boyer, for which he posted a picture.

 Maybe he can email me a clear definition picture, therefore I need to be in touch with him. I have found his binocular case, and it would be good to keep a good picture of him with this piece, for a future project of Museum.

 Thanking you in advance,

 Best regards,

Frederic from Nice

John Buchalski

GOOD MORNING:
THOUGHT I WOULD PASS THIS AROUND THE NET FOR YOUR INFORMATION.
SEMPER FI,
JOHN.....................
VA Health Care System Outscores Private Sector Again Secretary Nicholson
Cites Seven Years of Success WASHINGTON (Jan. 10, 2007) -- For the
seventh straight year, the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) has
received significantly higher marks than the private health care
industry on a leading independent survey of customer satisfaction.

"Our patients are the best judges of our health care system, and for the
seventh consecutive year, VA has received high marks from its customers
in this independent study," said Secretary of Veterans Affairs Jim
Nicholson. "This study reaffirms VA's success in providing world-class
health care to our nation's veterans."

The annual results from the American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI)
also showed that overall satisfaction of patients for both inpatient and
outpatient services increased last year at VA medical facilities.

The new ACSI survey results showed that the VA scored 84 percent in
customer satisfaction for inpatient services, up one point from the 2005
rating. The rating of 82 percent for outpatient care was two points
higher than last year's mark. VA significantly outscored the private
sector in both categories, by 10 points for inpatient care, and eight
points for outpatient care.

Inpatient and outpatient scores on the 100-point scale also were
significantly higher than the average of 71 percent for inpatient and 73
percent for outpatient services for other federal health care systems.

VA also scored 94 percent for "veterans loyalty" and 91 percent for
customer service, each a one-point increase over those figures for 2005.

"It is very gratifying to know that our veteran patients think so highly
of our care," said Dr. Michael J. Kussman, Acting Under Secretary for
Health. "Our goal is to provide veterans with the best possible health
care. And we're doing just that."

The 2006 survey included 260 inpatients discharged in September and 260
outpatients who received care in September. The report was produced by
the National Quality Research Center at the University of Michigan
Business School and the Federal Consulting Group.
The ACSI survey is the latest recognition of VA's high-quality care.
Earlier this year, VA won the prestigious "Innovations in American
Government" Award from Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government
for its advanced electronic health records system and performance
measurement system.

Both my wife, Fran , and I have received excellent care from the the V.A. Boston Healthcare System.-Ben