From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 7:18 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1260 517TH PRCT-FEBRUARY 5, 2007

 70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

 Hello,

Urgent: It is imperative that you register as soon as possible for the hotel rooms for the reunion. We have contracted for 130 rooms and if we need more I will inform the hotel. However, rooms are being filled fast at the Doubletree for that period of time in Washington.
Reservations received after May31 will be provided  on a space available at prevailing rates.  Mentioned the 517 if reserved by phone.
Prevailing  rates are $219-$259. We are getting them for $109.
Ask for confirmation online.

Washington Reunion. Early Arrival Wednesday June 27. Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2
Ben

Reunions 2007:
                            Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion             April 15 - 20

                            Washington, DC National Reunion   June 27 - July 2

Click on these Links for Forms and Information

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Boom Boom Alicki

I happen to have an extra copy and will be glad to send it if Casey provides me with the address. There will be no charge.
Boom Boom Alicki

Peter Jansson

Thank you to the Barrett family and to all of the members of the 517th.  It is only in the past couple of months that our family has been aware of the 517th website -- dad saw the reunion blurb in a copy of DAV magazine around the Thanksgiving holidays.  It is ironic that Mr. Barrett and his family is in Cohasset, MA., which is just a matter of approximately 1/2 hour of our  residence.  Thanks to all paratroopers and all servicemen.  We want to see and meet you all in  Washington in June of 2007.  Thank you Ben, Bob and family, along with all of the  associated servicemen and women of the 517th.  Bertil Jansson and family.

Walt Smith

Mr. Ben, as a dear friend of ours in Louisiana calls me Mr. Walt , may I refer to you as Mr. Ben?
    Anyway, It is not a normal practice of mine to procrastinate such as I am on submitting application for the reunion service and room.  However in spite of my youthfulness in being 3 or 4 years or so your junior pal, I have leg pain due to lumbar spine problems being treated at a pain clinic and if not successful may gamble on surgery.  My good wife, Peanie, has similar pain  but in only her spine and a worn out knee joint.  It is very uncertain that I will make it to DC,  I was very pleased to have met you and Bob in Savannah Ga.  God Bless you and your family and best wishes for DC and all your other loves
Walter W Smith and Peanie
Ronald Stassen

Hello Howard en Ben,

Today I received my copy of the The Battling Buzzards. I can't wait to starting reading it.
It took quit a while to get my hand on the book.

After I have read it, I will place a article about the 517th on my website.
Together with some historical information and pictures.

After I have finished the book I will send it to you for the upcoming reunion at Washington.

Thanks a lot friends for your kindness and friendship.

regards

Ronald
                                                         **********
Ronald is our friend in the Netherlands who cares for the grave of Robert (Woodie ) Woodhull

Howard Hensleigh

Dear Roland,  The account of Wood's death in Battling Buzzards is erroneous in that he was hit by a machine burst from a nest about 300 yards to our left front, not by mortar or artillery fire.  Red Meline and I wiped out the MG nest with 460th artillery fire a few minutes later.  The author did not talk to the right people about the details.

I received a letter from Woody's niece, Victortis (Tory) W. Parlin, daughter of Woody's brother who was a Naval flier in WWII.  Woody's sister is also still with us.  Tory telephoned me a few minutes ago and we had a pleasant conversation about her uncle and what he did in WWII.  I am sure the family would want the cemetery to show his unit designation accurately -- remove the 101st and substitute the 517th PRCT.  I think she would like to receive Mail Call.  Woody has two namesakes in the family who carry on his name.

Note for Ben Barrett -- Since my move to CA I have had the pleasure of two visits from 517th troopers  -- One from the Barrett family and one from Red Meline and his two sons.  We took pictures, viewed over the weekend, my computer familiar grandchildren may be able send you.  I still feel the pleasure of those visits and am glad we have a pictorial record.  The glue that held the 517th together in those tough days of 1944 and 1945 still has the binding effect we all enjoy.

Highest regards,  Howard H.
Ronald Stassen

Dear Howard,

Thanks a lot for the information.
I really want to know more about Robert P Woodhull, the soldier whose grave I adopted.
Give my best regards to the family please.

The copy of the deceased file of Robert is on its way to you.
I'm also writing a article about him for on my website.
I used a couple of the things you wrote to me.

Also I will put the name of you and others on the website as gratitude and source.

Thanks again.

Regards

Ronald

World War 2 song/ --White Cliffs of Dover

There'll be bluebirds over
The white cliffs of Dover
Tomorrow
Just you wait and see

I'll never forget the people I met
Braving those angry skies
I remember well as the shadows fell
The light of hope in their eyes
And though I'm far away
I still can hear them say
Bombs up...
But when the dawn comes up

There'll be bluebirds over
The white cliffs of Dover
Tomorrow
Just you wait and see

There'll be love and laughter
And peace ever after
Tomorrow
When the world is free

The shepherd will tend his sheep
The valley will bloom again
And Jimmy will go to sleep
In his own little room again

There'll be bluebirds over
The white cliffs of Dover
Tomorrow
Just you wait and see

There'll be bluebirds over
The white cliffs of Dover
Tomorrow
Just you wait and see...

517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team

Annual 517th PRCT Reunion

June 27 - July 2, 2007
Washington, D.C.

517th PARACHUTE REGIMENTAL COMBAT TEAM ASSN. REUNION ACTIVITY REGISTRATION FORM

Listed below are all registration, tour, and meal costs for the reunion. Please enter how many people will be

participating in each event and total the amount. Send that amount payable to ARMED FORCES REUNIONS, INC. in the form of check or money order (no credit cards or phone reservations accepted). Your cancelled check will serve as your confirmation. Returned checks will be charged a $20 fee. All registration forms and payments must be received by mail on or before May 25, 2007. After that date, reservations will be accepted on a space available basis.  We suggest you make a copy of this form before mailing. Please do not staple or tape your payment to this form.

Armed Forces Reunions, Inc.

PO Box 11327

Norfolk, VA 23517

ATTN: 517th

OFFICE USE ONLY

Check # _________  Date Received _____________

Inputted __________ Nametag Completed ________

CUT-OFF DATE IS MAY 25, 2007

Price

Per

# of

People

Total

REGISTRATION PACKAGE

Includes Saturday’s Breakfast, Sunday’s Banquet, Hospitality Room

snacks, and other reunion expenses.

Please select your entrée choice(s) for the banquet:

Sliced Top Round of Beef $79   $

Chicken Piccata

$79

$

OPTIONAL TOURS

FRIDAY: CITY TOUR

$36

$

FRIDAY: EVENING PARADE

$35

$

SATURDAY: LIBERTY JUMP TEAM, INC. PERFORMANCE

$35

$

SATURDAY: SHEAR MADNESS

$69

$

SUNDAY: LUNCH CRUISE

$71

$

Total Amount Payable to Armed Forces Reunions, Inc.

$

PLEASE PRINT NAME

FIRST __________________________LAST __________________________NICKNAME _____________________

517th COMPANY ____________________ OR BATTERY ___________________ OR OTHER UNIT _______________

SPOUSE NAME (IF ATTENDING)___________________________________________________________________

GUEST NAMES________________________________________________________________________________

STREET ADDRESS_____________________________________________________________________________

CITY, ST, ZIP__________________________________________________ PH. NUMBER (______)_______-_______

(Sleeping room requirements must be conveyed by attendee directly with hotel)

MUST YOU BE LIFTED HYDRAULICALLY ONTO THE BUS WHILE SEATED IN YOUR WHEELCHAIR IN ORDER TO

PARTICIPATE IN BUS TRIPS? YES __  NO__  (PLEASE NOTE THAT WE CANNOT GUARANTEE AVAILABILITY).

ARE YOU STAYING AT THE HOTEL?  YES __  NO __  ARE YOU FLYING? __  DRIVING? __  RV? __

For refunds and cancellations please refer to our policies outlined at the bottom of the reunion program. CANCELLATIONS WILL

ONLY BE TAKEN MONDAY-FRIDAY 9:00am-5:00pm EASTERN TIME (excluding holidays). Call (757) 625-6401 to cancel

reunion activities and obtain your cancellation code. Please note that refunds take approximately four to six weeks to process.