From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 9:53 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1262 517TH PRCT-FEBRUARY 7, 2006

 70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

MAIL CALL   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

 Hello,

Urgent: It is imperative that you register as soon as possible for the hotel rooms for the reunion. We have contracted for 130 rooms and if we need more I will inform the hotel. However, rooms are being filled fast at the Doubletree for that period of time in Washington.
Reservations received after May31 will be provided  on a space available at prevailing rates.  Mentioned the 517 if reserved by phone.
Prevailing  rates are $219-$259. We are getting them for $109.
Ask for confirmation online.

Washington Reunion. Early Arrival Wednesday June 27. Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

Reunions 2007:
                            Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion             April 15 - 20

                            Washington, DC National Reunion   June 27 - July 2

Click on these Links for Forms and Information

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Michael and Lizy

Hi Ben,

I really want to come in Washington DC but could you please tell me (Michael) the total fee for the reunion accommodation for a room with a single bed and a double.. I plan to come this year with my son depending how much it is.  for this time we have good prices for air tickets around those dates, or if you are too busy with the website, please transmit this mail to Claire, want to know what airport is also..
warmest regards
Michael & Lizy

George Meline

Tom McAvoy:  The last time I saw or talked to John Neiler was at the Colorado Springs reunion a number of years ago.  I do not know his address.  My address is the same:  e-mail - GeorgeMeline@ cs.com and mailing address is P.O. Box 2160, Shasta, CA 96087.

Do you remember the photo you took at the Anaheim reunion at the movie studio grounds?  We didn't get together at the reunion but you recognized us in the background of one of your pictures and sent it to me.  I'm sure I have it somewhere.
Billie  Hiers

Ben:  It's just me again ... bothering you ... because I have lost the Email which gave such complete details that anyone could ask for.  We now have children wanting to read those plans so they can choose one day to spend with us at the reunion.  THAT is a good and happy thing!  Hope they can  convince their adult daughter to come also.

You've already figured out which Email I need sent to me again.  The date I believe was about 1-20.

THANKS for YOUR help to me AGAIN.

Billie Hiers

David Spayer

Ben
  My name is David Spayer I was in G Co. I need the info on Washington Reunion, hotel etc. My address is 8079 Popash Ct. Boynton Beach Fl. 33437. My last Thunderbolt was 3rd Quarter 2006 I sent my change of address to Bradenton Fl. Oct.17 2006 as yet I have not received my 1st Quarter 2007,that is the reason I'm writing you today, please help me.
                                 Thank You   David Spayer
 Bob Barrett

Send Reunion Reservations to Armed Forces Reunion

517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team

Annual 517th PRCT Reunion

June 27 - July 2, 2007
Washington, D.C.

Hotel Reservation

DOUBLETREE HOTEL – CRYSTAL CITY, ARLINGTON, VA
(703) 416-4100
The Doubletree Hotel Crystal City-National Airport is located at 300 Army/Navy Drive, Arlington, VA 22202. The hotel is ideally situated in the Crystal City corridor just minutes from the nation's capital. Hotel vans will shuttle you to the nearby Pentagon City Fashion Mall at Pentagon City Metro stop. The Metro provides transportation into the city to visit any of Washington's many world-famous museums and monuments. If you are driving, please contact the hotel directly for directions. Each guest room features cable TV with Pay Per View and games. The hotel has a fully equipped health club or treat yourself to a swim in the enclosed rooftop pool. The hotel's gift shop is located in the lobby. Best of all, Doubletree's famous homemade chocolate chip cookies will be waiting for you the night you arrive! The hotel offers handicapped accessible and non-smoking rooms, which are based on availability. Please request these special accommodations when making your reservation.
Self-parking is available in the hotel's garage for 517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team attendees at 50% of the current fee of $17 per day. (This does not include valet parking). Check-in time is 3:00pm, and check-out is 12:00 noon. The Café, serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the charming atmosphere of an outdoor bistro. Window’s Over Washington Restaurant, serves dinner only, Friday and Saturday. Offering Continental and New American cuisine plus a spectacular view, the Skydome, a revolving rooftop lounge, is well known as one of the city's most popular nightspots. The Lobby Bar serves drinks and hors d'oeuvres. Room service is available.
The Doubletree Hotel provides free shuttle to and from Ronald Reagan National Airport from 5:00 am-Midnight, running every half an hour on the hour. Please follow the signs for ground transportation to catch the shuttle. You may want to consider other transportation services, as space is always limited on complimentary services.
The hotel has limited RV parking, located behind the hotel; parking for RVs will be at the discounted group parking rate. Please inform the hotel when making reservations if you will be parking a RV. For electrical hookup service, the Pohick Bay Park on the Potomac River is the closest park to the hotel, which is approximately twenty miles away, located at 6501 Pohick Bay Drive in Lorton, VA. Call (703) 339-6104 for information, reservations, and directions. Their web address is www.nvrpa.org.
Should you need to rent a wheelchair for the reunion, ScootAround rents both manual and power wheel chairs by the day and week. Please call their toll free number at (888) 441-7575 for details.
Vendors, Schedules, and Prices are subject to change.
----------------------------------------------------------------------- CUT HERE AND MAIL TO THE HOTEL -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
517th PARACHUTE REGIMENTAL COMBAT TEAM – HOTEL RESERVATION FORM
REUNION DATES: JUNE 28-JULY 2, 2007
NAME ____________________________________________________ SHARING ROOM W/ _____________________
ADDRESS _______________________________________________________________ ZIP _____________________
TEL. NUMBER (_____) __________________ ARRIVAL DATE _________________ DEP. DATE __________________
# OF ROOMS _____ # OF PEOPLE IN RM_____ HANDICAP ACCESS _____ SMOKING _____ NONSMOKING ______ KING BED _______ 2 BEDS ______
If room type requested is not available, nearest room type will be assigned.
RATE: $109 + tax (currently 10.25%).
CUT-OFF DATE: 5/25/07. Reservations received after this date will be processed on space and rate availability.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Deposit is refundable if reservation is canceled by 4pm (EST) on your arrival day. Adjustments to departure date after check-in, resulting in a shortened length of stay, may result in a fee.
All reservations must be guaranteed by credit card or first night's deposit enclosed.
___AMEX ___DINERS ___VISA ___MASTER CARD ____DISCOVER
SIGNATURE (regardless of payment method) __________________________________________________
Mail to: Doubletree Hotel *ATTN: Reservations * 300 Army Navy Drive* Arlington, VA 22202
www.doubletreecrystalcity.com or Fax to (703) 416-4147