From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2007 8:09 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: NAIL CALL NO. 1270 517TH PRCT-FEBRUARY 15, 2007
 70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

 Hello,

Michou Mmyenokida wishes to reply privately to those who sent notes to her father Gene Mars. I will forward any mail sent to me and it will not be in Mail Call.

I include in Mail Calls some messages from people about their plans to attend the reunion, in order to encourage others to attend. I can't advise you often enough to reserve the hotel rooms as soon as possible. You can always cancel if necessary . You can register for the reunion itself later when you decide what tours you would like to attend if any.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

Reunions 2007:
                            Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion             April 15 - 20

                            Washington, DC National Reunion   June 27 - July 2

Click on these Links for Forms and Information

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Bill Goswick

Ben,
I was wondering if anyone had a 517 PIR Company G photo and or any other photos that may have my Uncle Jesse Goswick in them?
Bill Goswick

Pat Seitz and Allan Greer

Dear Ben:
    On Monday, I faxed Alan's and my reservation to the Doubletree for the reunion in DC.  As soon as the trial I am in is over, I will be sending in the reunion forms & check for the banquet. We will be arriving Friday night and leaving Monday morning.  At this stage, I am not sure what tours, if any, we will be joining as I need to coordinate with Dad and my brother Rick.
    We are so looking forward to meeting you in person and the rest of the men of the 517th and their families.
    Sincerely, Pat Seitz and Alan Greer

Bob Dalrymple

Ben, for Micho. Tell Chop Chop that he needs us and we need him.  We can raise his spirits immeasurably.  A good number of us have lost our spouses so we know what sorrow he is experiencing.  But seeing old buddies is at the top of the healing list.  Please join us in DC.  We don't have too much time left, so we'd better take advantage of the present.  Come on now Chop Chop.  Bob 596

Boom Boom Alicki
                    The best yet.... I totally agree.   This soldier video is
new and different.   It is moving and heartwarming.   Enjoy and pass it on!

http://www.flashdemo.net:80/gallery/wake/index.htm

Gary Wilmart

Ben:
When I read the schedule of events for the Washington reunion, my first reaction was, these guys are in their 80s and 90s, no way are they going to attend events that start late and don't finish until late at night. When I spoke to my father-in-law, a member of the 517th, his reaction was, "I can't stay up that late."
Gary Willmart
                                                               **********
Just choose the tours that you care to attend. The two evening tours are only available in the evening. Hospitably room is open to 10.00 PM and beyond. -  Ben

Jean Loup

2.  Many of our troopers have been asked by their
families to record their personal stories.  We need
volunteers (a great job for teens!) who can work video
cameras, cassette players, or simply write down
answers on forms.

Claire Johnson Giblin

I would like to once again remind the veterans of
the 517th that I am currently writing an oral history
book about the southern France campaign, and am more
then willing to have troopers tell me their souvenirs
from southern France over the phone (particularly men
from E, G and I Co's). These conversations will be
tape recorded, then written down as time permits. (I
am a medical student, and don't have much free time)
I am able to do these interviews during the summer
months. All you have to do is send me your phone
number, and I will call you. Then you just have to
tell me your stories, and I will do all the rest of
the work.
My contacts are:
Jean-Loup Gassend
29 avenue des sources
Villeneuve-Loubet 06270
France

email:  jean-loup@gassend.com , or
schyzowolf@yahoo.fr
Phone: (0033)4-93-20-22-91

I have already interviewed Marvin Moles, Franck
Dallas, Howard Hensleigh, Louis Holzworth, Boon, and
several others from the 517th, as well as many vets
from the First Special Service Force.
I am only willing to do this recording work
concerning stories from southern France though, as I
am already quite overloaded with tapes to
re-transcribe.
I am also the person who found Marvin Moles after
finding his helmet in southern France, and I am also
the person who found the bodies of 14 MIA Germans in
october 2006.

Jean-Loup

 Richard Wheeler

From: Richard H. Wheeler
To: Alex Fulle

I will be attending the reunion in Washington D.C. 27June - 02July2007.
I was in B Battery - 1st Section of S/Sgt. John Hart - 460th Prcht FA Bn
I started at Toccoa, GA June1943 and stayed with the 460th until we left for the States and then the South Pacific after the European War.
AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY!