From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2007 5:44 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1283 17TH PRCT-MARCH.9,2007

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

PLEASE SEND ALL PAYMENTS FOR THE REUNION REGISTRATION TO THE ARMED FORCES REUNIONS

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

Reunions 2007:
                            Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion             April 15 - 20

                            Washington, DC National Reunion   June 27 - July 2

Click on these Links for Forms and Information

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Michou Yenokoda --Daughter of Gene (chop chop ) Mars.

Hi Ben

I spoke to my Dad and also wrote him a letter, expressing your wishes, but he says that he is not going to travel  anywhere anymore.  I am truly sorry that he will not attend....he enjoyed your reunions more than words can say and talked about them for years.  He keeps the flag that he carried in your parade in his living room....I know that it keeps all of you close to him.

I thank you very much for your efforts and consideration.

Take care....

Michou

Mike Kane

Ben, I believe Darrell Egner is correct about the picture that Bob Lynam asked about.  This photo was in the batch that I got from my dad and are posted on the website.  Its not from the 517th.  They were stock photos that were passed out during training according to Frank Gallucci.

Here's a link to the rest of them.  They are in Groups 37-40.  I need to rescan them. They look pretty choppy and I now have a new scanner that will do a better job.  I'll send them to Bob.

http://www.517prct.org/photos/d_company_files/kane_company_d.htm

Also, you mentioned that you have the morning reports.  Are they on the website?

Best regards,

Mike Kane, Jr.
Tom McAvoy

Howard H. please tell us how Fred Harman is doing since you called him the other day??  Tom McAvoy
Jay Sutcliffe

Hello Mr. Barrett,

I’ve attached autographs from my father’s 517 booklet.  Many of these 517 members are mail call recipients or have family members who are.  I was hoping you could post these on mail call.  I’ve been able to make contact with a few of those listed or family members, and it’s been a lot of fun.  No wonder the 517 was so successful.  I haven’t approach any 517 trooper who wasn’t willing to talk, or who hasn’t been as helpful or friendly as can be.

 As always, thanks for all your hard work

Morning Reports and Unit Rosters

Morning reports and unit rosters are created by military organizations as part of their personnel and payroll functions.  These records are used by the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) to verify events or assignments which may not be documented in an individual's Official Military Personnel File (OMPF).  This is especially important when trying to reconstruct service information when the OMPF has been damaged or destroyed in the 1973 fire.  A brief explanation of both types of records and the date span of our collections is listed below.

MORNING REPORTS are created each morning, as the name implies.  They are an "exception based" system, only containing information on those individuals who are not "Present and Accounted for".  Among the reasons for being listed on a morning report are:

NOTE:  Neither morning reports nor unit rosters contain historical information concerning battles or engagements.

Gene Brissey

Reference Mail Call 1278 and the note from Rick Sweet. I completely agree with his comments concerning telling our kids and grandkids about our time in the service. They really want to know about the bad times as well as the good ones. We all had both. So, why not tell them? I see many requests for info in Mail Calls. Unfortunately none of us have information about many of them. Tell them now!
     I regret not being able to go to the all of the reunions in an effort to hear and tell stories while I have time. Perhaps telling stories to our family is much more important that visiting with our comrades at reunions, if we can get to them. I sent my fee to Bill Christian for the Palm Springs Reunion and now learn that I can't go. But, not all is lost. Bill and I arranged to have my registration fee sent to Bob Christie to pay for printing and mailing the Thunderbolt. I will miss visiting with the troopers. Have a great time and don't forget to talk to the family about it?
Gene Brissey