From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2007 10:58 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1295 517TH PRCT- MARCH 28, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello

It's urgent that you reserve rooms at the DoubleTree hotel ( 1 877 222 8733 ) as soon as possible. You can always cancel if necessary. We have exceeded our allotment for June 27.

PLEASE SEND ALL PAYMENTS FOR THE REUNION REGISTRATION TO THE ARMED FORCES REUNIONS. Most have not registered, but it would be helpful to the Armed Forces Reunions for us to  register as soon as you can decide what tour if any that you want to sign up for.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

Reunions 2007:    Click on these Links for Forms and Information

Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion             April 15 - 20

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Nace Cohen

DEAR BEN   I CHECKED ALL OVER AND COULD NOT FIND WHERE OR WHEN THE BULGE STORY INCLUDING THE 517TH WOULD BE BROADCASTED.  DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER INFORMATION THAT WOULD BE OF HELP.    THANK YOU IN ADVANCE    NACE COHEN   517TH S2  2ND  BN.
                                                     *************
The information about the times was sent to me by some one else

You can find the Battle of the Bulge DVD on www.history.com  Click on shop in the black bar and then search Battle of the Bulge DVD.  You can order the Shootout! version for $24.95. There is also a phone # 1 888-423-1212.  I think you can also search the web site for future programs.

I will bring my DVD to the Palm Springs and Washington reunions.

Also to Richard Wheller who Called me this evening

Hi Richard,

I also have a hearing problem on the phone and that is why my daughter did most of the talking.

Make sure if you talk to the History channel that  you either want to purchase the DVD or want to know the dates that it will be on again. It is the Shootout series on the History channel  which includes many  war stories.  Tell them that you want to know that the one that you are interested in is about The Battle of The Bulge.  I doubt that it will be showing again very soon.

Let me know if you need any more info via email or phone.
.
My information would have been  in Mail Call 1295, but I've been waiting to get enough mail to send it out.

Ben

Darrell Egner

 Ben

Please forward this to Bob Christie as he can't seem to get E-mail from me.  As what I am about to say affects all of us please also put it in Mail Call.  My question is, has the financial records from Bob been transferred to our new Treasure, Leo Dean.  If not this should be done ASAP so Leo will have time to get a financial report ready for our business meeting in Washington.

Since Bob had way too many jobs I can understand why we haven't had a financial statement in 2006 to my knowledge.  I think it is imperative that the membership has this information.  I keep hearing we are broke but somehow I don't think we are but without some facts I have no way of knowing.

I think Bob has a handle on the Thunderbolt as he paired the mailing list down somewhat so this money drain should be minimal at the present time.

I welcome any comments from those involved as well as the general membership.
Bob Dodds

Dear Ben, I hope this message finds you well. I listened to the attack on Manhay, Must be many bad memories. I have spoke to Jay, Rick and Lorey and it seems that many soldiers suffered from post traumatic stress syndrome. I wonder how many were affected. My dad ended up a sergeant and has the green strip under his chevrons which I found out means that he led men in combat. Is there any way to find out when he made sergeant? My dad is in the photo at camp Mackall. He is in the top row, 9th from the left in  the picture. Do you recognize him? Is It possible that anybody out there recognize him? He was with the group from the beginning to the end at which time he had enough points to go to Berlin for occupation duty (87 points). He was shipped home on November 6th of 1945. Your friend in Chicago. Bob Dodds (fathers name: Robert T. Dodds)
 PS      on the Christmas roster he was still a pfc. His buddy was a man named Harry Goldberg were both from Brooklyn N.Y.. Harry was in G company on the Christmas roster. He started out in H company. He was a sergeant at the time. Does anybody remember him?
                                                     ********
I remember Harry Goldberg when he was in H co. I recently had a call from someone in Brooklyn inquiring about him. -- Ben

Ray Estrella

Ben, Ray Estrella here. Do you have contact info for Frank Ramos?  Would appreciate it very much if you could that info to me. Frank and I have known each other for quite some time. I now know why my e-mails to him at the pentagon were returned as undeliverable. Thank you -- "AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY".
John Buchalski

VA Seeks Buglers to Play 'Taps'

The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) needs hundreds of volunteer buglers and trumpeters to participate in upcoming Armed Forces Day observances held at veterans' cemeteries nationwide and overseas. The event, called "Echo Taps Worldwide," will be held May 19. "Echo Taps" will take place at VA-operated national cemeteries, U.S. Department of the Interior/National Park Service national cemeteries and American Battle Monuments Commission cemeteries located overseas. Volunteer buglers and trumpeters must register through the VA's website, which is attached to the "Echo Taps" website. The initiative also encourages musicians to perform as buglers at veterans' funeral ceremonies year round.