From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, April 02, 2007 8:24 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1297 517TH PRCT- APRIL 02, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

 It's urgent that you reserve rooms at the DoubleTree hotel as soon as possible. You can always cancel if necessary. We have exceeded our allotment for June 27

.Please let me know if you want to receive Mail Calls or if you have a problem receiving them. You can always read Mail Calls by clicking on www.517prct.org/archives

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

Reunions 2007:    Click on these Links for Forms and Information

Palm Springs, CA Mini-Reunion             April 15 - 20

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Tom Stadler

THERE IS NO ADMISSION CHARGE FOR THE USMC FRIDAY EVENING PARADE.
THE BAND MEMBERS ARE MARINES IN NAME ONLY. THEY ARE PROFESSIONAL MUSICIANS.  THEY DO NOT GO THRU BOOT CAMP, INFANTRY SCHOOL, OR PARTICIPATE IN WEAPONS TRAINING.
I'M SURE THE LADIES WOULD ENJOY THE PERFORMANCE. AS FOR THE MEN? MAYBE.

TOM STADLER
                                                            *****************
Tom was in the Marine Corp and is the son of Burton Stadler, a pathfinder in the 517,  and the father of Brett.-Ben

 Dick Seitz  receive the following article from Leo Dean. It was in Stars and Stripes Feb. 10, 1945

Poker-wise Lt plays a hunch - An angry Pfc wins hand

Names included: Lt. Charles H. Minard, S/Sgt. Stephen M. Pasztor, pfc Clifford Seal, Pvt. Wilber F. Stegall, Sgt. Leon Bosse, Pvt. Robert Jones, Cpl. Charles L. Twibell, Pvt. Lawrence Rheuark, Pfc Mike Kane

Barbara Jeffus Willmart

Yes, Ben,
We do receive mail call.  My father is Charles Cook, a member of your proud organization.  We will attend the reunion with and for him.
Barb
Chris Lindner

Hi Ben:

Boy I sure wish I wasn't missing this reunion.  I looks like it's going to be a great one.

Chris

Chester Wells

Still looking for any information on my father.  Here are some photo's of Chester A. Wells.  Also known as "Tex" and "Arvo."  Maybe photo's will jog someone's memory.  Am still hoping for more photo's from a sister.  Hope all goes well at your reunion in D.C.!

Chester A Wells 2.jpg
     Unknown when taken.  Photo is cropped from what is believed to be a Christmas Card.
      I can scan the entire card but it just has this photo, the writing "Seasons Greetings"
      and a drawing of an eagle with uplifted wings in the shape of a "V" and then the letter
      "V" between, and above, the wings.

CAW-Jeep.jpg
#2.  Chester A. Wells sitting in a jeep.  The inscription reads "Wells in Paris, July 194?"  I
       can't read the last number in the year.  Jeep has the number "20494919" on it.

From information gleaned from your website, this is the information I have from the Christmas 1944 Roster in France:

Chester Arvo Wells
Private
517th Parachute Infantry