From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:51 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1303 517TH PRCT-APTIL 24, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

I just returned home this morning from California and the Palm Springs reunion. I am just trying to catch up on important mail. I will talk about the reunion and other mail in next Mail Calls. I am placing mail about Ernie Gilbert in this mail so that his friends at the Palm Springs reunion will know that he is well.

We only about 20 rooms left for Washington reunion on June 28,29, 30, and July 1.

.PLEASE SEND ALL PAYMENTS FOR THE REUNION REGISTRATION TO THE ARMED FORCES REUNIONS. Most have not registered, but it would be helpful to the Armed Forces Reunions for us to  register as soon as you can decide what tour if any that you want to sign up for.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Boom Boom Alicki  (Received April 10 )

Thought I would bring this to your attention.....After attaining 18 years voluntary service with Hospice, beginning tomorrow I will become a patient under Hospice care.

John Alicki (Boom Boom )

Subject: Fred Harmon's health.

 Hey Ben/Bob,

I talked to Fred Harmon's Nephews wife today & learned that Fred is in the hospital in Columbia, & is having a great deal of trouble with his eyes, which has led to the infection of his leg. They are not sure when Fred will be able to come home, so I thought all of Fred's friends would like to wish him well, & remember him in their prayers. His address is: 8121 Monticello Rd. Columbia, S.C. 29203. I am sure he would appreciate anyone remembering him. I am looking forward to June in Washington. Best 517 regards, Morris McDowell

Barbara Herrmann

Hello Ben
Good to hear from you !! Thank You !! For asking about my Dad, he is doing
well, he is out of the hospital and he is back home. Doctor says he did not
have a stroke or a seizure, apparently it was his
blood sugar.  We are looking forward to seeing you at Washington D.C.
reunion....Wade and my sister and myself will be there.
Take Care
Barbara

Kathy McWilliams

Hi Mr. Barrett, my name is Kathy McWilliams. I am Louis D. Holzworth's
(Sarge) grand-daughter. I know Sarge was extremely active in keeping up
with his wartime buddies. I wanted to let you know that Sarge passed
away on January 12, 2007 at 8:15 AM in his home in Spring Hill, FL.
Please get the word out to anyone that knew Sarge, I would greatly
appreciate it. I live in Virginia and regretfully he really did not
have a funeral or memorial service. If anyone from your organization
would like more information, they can contact me at kathymcw@yahoo.com.

Thank you.

Kathy McWilliams
Mechanicsville, VA
Subject: My Father

Hi Ben,  My Name is Michael Karl Holzworth.  I was wondering if you
have any info on my dad Louis Denver Holzworth.  I just rear about him in
your mailcall today.  I did not know he was alive or where he lives. any
info would be great thank Mike soab@sti.net

Subject: Re: My Father-Louis D. Holzworth
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:28:55 +0000

Thank you Bob.  I will now find out more about the kids he had with his 2nd
wife Joan.  I know He had more kids when he remarried.  you gave me a starting
point anyways.  Thank you so so much. sincerely Michael K. Holzworth