From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 8:35 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1306 517TH PRCT- APRIL 30, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

While out to the reunion I was able to take a side trip and visited Howard Hensleigh. He is just fine.  He said that George Meline had also visited him. We discuss the future of the Association and he will send me an email concerning the legal aspects involved. I missed Gene Brissey and others that had to cancel. Enjoyed many conversations with Gene (Zoot) Snyder and many others.

We only about 20 rooms left for Washington reunion on June 28,29, 30, and July 1.

.PLEASE SEND ALL PAYMENTS FOR THE REUNION REGISTRATION TO THE ARMED FORCES REUNIONS. Most have not registered, but it would be helpful to the Armed Forces Reunions for us to  register as soon as you can decide what tour if any that you want to sign up for.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form
Wayne Cross

Thanks for the information Ben.  I am so sorry to hear about Col Alicki.  He is a fine man.  You can get a real sense of the measure of a person through the correspondence in Mail Call.  Although I may have only briefly met him I have a strong sense for his great character and strength.  -wayne
Tom McAvoy

Ben  When I lived in Chicago 1946-47-& 48  I went to see a program of some kind at Soldier Field in Chicago, and was very surprised to see a group of Paratroopers (do not remember their outfit connection) doing close-order drill with M-1 Rifles  They were super good, I wonder if you have ever saw or heard of a group traveling around the country doing this, I would like to purchase a DVD or VHS Tape of it if at all possible. I know that was a hell of a long time ago but thought it still might be  done as an exhibition with paratroopers someplace in the USA Tom McAvoy

Steve Gomez

Hello Ben,

The weekend of April the 21st SGT Fred Brown (460th HQ) accompanied myself to the Frederick Army Air Base to observe a training weekend with the World War II Airborne Demonstration Team. He told me that he had a great time in the hanger and on the drop zone!

AIRBORNE!

Steve Gomez

Giles Guignard

Dear Ben and Bob,

Thanks for the follow-up on Mr Alicki's reply and
thanks for including my request in the mail call.

if you have a look at my www.dogface45.skyblog.com
tribute website (at the end), i have recently added
pictures of 517th memorabilia and helmets recovered in
southern france.

thanks for you help and support.
with best regards from switzerland, gilles

John Alicki

Ben
Just a note of sincere appreciation to Pat  and Mr Greer for the kind thoughts and prayers, and also to all others of this great outfit the 517th PRCT.

Hello!

Someone has just signed your guestbook!

Name: Bridget Bowman