From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2007 10:36 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1306 1307 517TH PRCT -MAY 2, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Registration for the reunion must be received by the AFR by May 25.

We only about 20 rooms left for Washington reunion on June 28,29, 30, and July 1.

.PLEASE SEND ALL PAYMENTS FOR THE REUNION REGISTRATION TO THE ARMED FORCES REUNIONS. Most have not registered, but it would be helpful to the Armed Forces Reunions for us to  register as soon as you can decide what tour if any that you want to sign up for.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Claire Giblin

Hi Ben -

Well, it is May 1, and that means that we are now at the point where the Washington DC reunion is NEXT MONTH!  We are so excited and looking forward to seeing old friends and new at our nation's capital.  Come and do as much or as little as you'd like.

Rooms are still available - please register now!

If you've already registered for your room, please send in your registration.  We are so happy to be offering some great tours and events.  Highlights are sure to be the Liberty Jump Team's jump and the city tour (which will include a stop at the WWII memorial).  Our keynote speaker is Patrick O'Donnell, and he is quite a fan of the 517.

We are so looking forward to seeing you all - please come and bring the next generations!

Claire Giblin

Carl McIntyre
Dear friend,

My husband  understands you have information about the 517th or 596th Reunion in July in Washington, D.C.   Do you have a web site  with the information available.  Thank you,  clmcintyre@atlanticbb.net       Carl L. McIntyre
                                                                                               1110 Frederick St.
                                                                                               Cumberland, Md. 21502

Lory Curtis

Ben,
    I will never forget about 4 years ago when I was an assistant principal at a high school.  I had asked the history department if I could give a presentation on the attack at Pearl Harbor, since I was stationed in Hawaii when I was in the Army.  I was unable to find a Pearl Harbor survivor to speak to the students, so I thought I would put a request out on Mail Call to see if anyone in our 517th family was at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941.  Sure enough the very next day I received on Mail Call an email message from Mr. Alicki explaining to me that he was at Pearl Harbor when it was attacked.  He gave me some very valuable information as to what he remembered about the attack.  I believe he told me he was a First Sergeant of an ADA Company at the time and was a church when the attack occurred.  I read his email message to the students who were very impressed to actually hear an account of a Pearl Harbor survivor.  I can not tell how my credibility increased with these students.  Thank you Mr. Alicki for taking the time to help me.  I will never forget it.  From my Dad, brother Tim, and myself, you are in our Prayers.  Thank you for training my Dad when he reported to Camp Toccoa, and making him a Paratrooper.  Thank you for being there when I needed you.  May God Bless you always.

Lory V. Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ 1st BN

Dennis Sura

Ben, could you please switch my email address for Dennis Sura to Stasachinkaskowski@yahoo.com.  My old address was Denny.Sura@genmills.com.  My father was in 3 Battalion, Company H, 3rd Platoon, 2nd Squad.

I am planning on attending the reunion and still need to make arrangements.

Dennis Sura
Tom McAvoy

Ben  I have found the DVD I spoke to you about the  Paratroopers doing close order drill,  It is suppose to arrive this next week  I shall view it and let you know if it is the one I had in mind Tom McAvoy

Mark E. Marshall

Dear Sir,

I am interested in receiving updates about the men in the 517th.

My father, George E. Marshall, served proudly in the 517th.  Though he rarely spoke about the war, when he did it was about the paratroopers.

Thank you,
Mark A. Marshall,
Ohio Military Reserve (Ohio's State Guard)

Mark Landreth

Hi Mr. Barrett; I'm wondering if I can get an email for Gene Brissey, or if you'll forward my email address to him? I'd like to contact him regarding E Company's activities. Thanks! mark

Marlys Lippman Buchenau

Hi!

So happy to have met all of you in Palm Springs.

If you don't have a FAX number, I will be mailing you a bio of Walter Grage
- also of the 517th.
Company G.  Could you send it out to Company G guys to critic this for
accuracy for the authors Jack Bickel & Herman Kraft of Timberlake South
Dakota

I don't see Marvin Tetrick on the roster you sent.

Per information you sent to me,  How do I reach Dan Smith and Bill Boyle?
Phone numbers, if you have them, please.

Marlys Lippman Buchenau%  redawa@cox.net

Bob Dalrymple

Some time ago you asked about Aime's activities during the occupation of France . I told you I had a copy of a speech he delivered to some American officers in 1987, and that I would send it to you . Time passes and I could not find it in my files . Today , I found it ! Hallelujah! I will send you a copy and I suggest it be included in our website . Bob

Guest book entry

Name: Alicia Webb