From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 8:28 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1309? 517TH PRCT- MAY 5, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

I had a talk with Mel Biddle, our MOH recipient  yesterday, and tried to encourage him to come to the Washington reunion. He knew nothing about the reunion but would let me know within a few days if he can make it. I sent him over night  mail with the details. He has some medical issues.

We only about 15 rooms left for Washington reunion on June 28,29, 30, and July 1.

.PLEASE SEND ALL PAYMENTS FOR THE REUNION REGISTRATION TO THE ARMED FORCES REUNIONS. Most have not registered, but it would be helpful to the Armed Forces Reunions for us to  register as soon as you can decide what tour if any that you want to sign up for.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Shelly Caulfield Azeff

Hi Ben,
    I'm writing for my dad, Warren Caulfield, to let his buddies know that he is convalescing  in Our Lady of Mercy Life Center at 2 Mercy Care Lane  Guilderland, New York 12084  Rm 328W.
    If any of his friends would like to send their best wishes, I'm sure he would love to hear from them. He reminisces a good deal of his War days and remember with great fondness the good times (amid the difficult ones).
     I can be emailed at shellyazeff@sympatico.ca if anyone wants to send an email and I will get it to him!
    Thanks so much for the Mail Call.  He enjoys reading the emails.
Best regards,
Shelly Caulfield Azeff

Bob Barrett

You repeated the MailCall number 1306 a couple of times.  The next one should be 1309.

Bob

Bob Dalrymple

Beautiful, Ben. When will we ever come to our senses and start refuting all those wrong decisions that have been handed down by misguided judges and stupid juries ! Bob

Bill Boyle

Subject: Gordon J. Lippman

My Email is "wildbill517@nymac.rr.com. I barely knew him in the 517.
I talked to him before he went to Nam at  Ft. Bragg.  It was this that caused me to say I remembered him. He was a good man or he would not have been with us.
                    Bill Boyle

Ann Sierra

Mr. Barrett:  I am the daughter of Alex Sierra, and I understand you will send me information for him regarding 517th Parachute Regiment.  The e-mail addresses are:  ansierra@verizon.net or the school address, Ann.Sierra@pomona.k12.ca.us

I'm sure he will be interested in hearing from you.
Gene Frice

Ben,
     Received the following from Marlys Buchenau (re:Lippman 517) who
we met in Palm Springs. A nice lady and very much a follower of the 517.  In my
DC travels I had included Lemmon, SD. Guess I'll break out the jump
suit. I believe we had several troopers who knew Gordon Lippman, I
recall someone replied in email? Marlys would like to correspond with
them.  If anyone lives in the Lemmon area it would be a nice event to
attend in Lippmans honor.
     Gene Frice
**********************
Attachment damaged - Ben

Marlys Lippman Buchenau

Another request.
Do you have email addresses for Donald Fraser and Gene Frice?
Sorry I didn't get these in Palm Springs.  I am now getting hepped up to
taking a computer course so that I can handle email!
Also, Marvin Tetrick address.
Thank you for all your help.

Marlys Lippman Buchenau

Mark Landreth

Hi Mr. Barrett; I'm wondering if I can get an email for Gene Brissey, or if you'll forward my email address to him? I'd like to contact him regarding E Company's activities. Thanks! mark

 Ronald Stassen

Friends,

Because of the fact that the Netherlands where liberated on the 5th of may in 1945, today we celebrated the 63rd commemorations.
Every year we celebrate the 5th of may an Liberation day.
Today I went to Margraten en put flowers on the grave of Robert P Woodhull.

Thank you all veterans for fighting for our freedom!

Here is a pic.
Robert Woodhull was in the 517 and his grave is maintained by Ronald.
 Howard Hensleigh

Dear Roland:

Our thanks to you.  We appreciate the gratitude you express for what we did and are particularly thankful for the decoration of Woody's gravesite and the pictures of it.

We are sorry that Montgomery's ill-fated Market Garden operation caused your country so much grief when he failed to break through as Patton did at Bastogne.

We celebrate with you on May 5.  Highest regards,  Howard Hensleigh

Don Gentry,

Hello Ben and Bob, This 13 page Word document describes the Quartermaster efforts to clothe our Very Special Troops. The task was not done alone and within these paragraphs and footnotes may be found the names of those Airborne and Infantry personnel that made it happen after all.
I had misfiled this jewel within my fathers WWII folder and found it today during a computer cleanup.

Cousin Richard Baysinger, B Company 517th PIR, and I have all our D.C. Reunion papers are signed, sealed and delivered. Hotel reservations are in my name, Reunion registration in his. We have agreed to take a red-eye flight from Seattle on the 27th, arriving about noon on the 28th at Ronald Reagan International Airport. We'll see you in the hospitality suite sometime in the afternoon.

Thank you both for all you do for the 517 PRCT members and the auxiliary.

Don Gentry
Shelly Caulfield Azeff

Thanks Ben.  My mother says that Leo the secretary of the outfit? prints out the emails and sends them to him because he doesn't use a computer.  You can add my email address if you want  and I'll scan it and send him any emails that may pertain to him.
Thanks again, Ben!
Shelly