From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2007 8:55 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1314 517TH PRCT- MAY 13, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Melvin Biddle, MOH winner, will attend the reunion.

I have received the New Paperback Edition of Merle McMorrow's book. We will post information about it on the website soon. Every member of the 517 Combat Team should get a copy. It will bring back memories of your army time starting as soon as you received greetings from Uncle Sam, your journey to camp, training and combat experience .

Claire Giblin, our coordinator  with the AFR for our reunion and who is doing all the work to keep all informed with the progress of plans for the reunion has completed  her studies and will soon receive her Masters degree.

Recently I have heard from many who are not on the on the Internet  and have just learned about the reunion.

We only about 11 rooms left for Washington reunion on June 28,29, 30, and July 1.

.PLEASE SEND ALL PAYMENTS FOR THE REUNION REGISTRATION TO THE ARMED FORCES REUNIONS.  It would be helpful to the Armed Forces Reunions for us to  register as soon as you can decide what tour if any that you want to sign up for.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

 formatted pdf forms simple Web Page format
Doubletree Hotel Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form
Doubletree Hotel Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Claire Giblin,

Hi, Ben -

Happy Mother's Day to all the 517 ladies!

We are looking forward to gathering in Washington, DC next month!  If you would like to assist in any way during the actual reunion time, please contact me at clairejgib@patmedia.net.  We're especially interested in working with the History
Committee of the Auxiliary.  One person has contacted me about working on videotaping and history-taking; we would be interested in facilitating this on an informal level.  If there are movies or presentations that people would be interested in viewing, please let me know.  We can do a lot if we have the notice.

We are looking forward to showing off our nation's capital!  There will be a visit to the WWII Memorial on the city tour; you can also arrange for transportation into the city.  I was happy to hear from the Liberty Jump Team that one of their members ran into two men of the 517 at the memorial.  The Jump Team has been in touch with us regularly, and their members are so excited to be meeting all you troopers.  They will have a static display in the hospitality suite, and cannot wait to hear the history, straight from the men who made it.

Ben puts out wonderful reminders in each Mail Call.  Please do submit your reunion registration forms as soon as possible!  Today is a great day to do it.

Also, everyone is NOT on Mail Call.  Please take a moment and reach out to an old buddy, and make sure he knows about this upcoming reunion.  We are STILL having troopers attend their first reunions!

Contact us with any questions, and Airborne All the Way!

Claire Giblin

Bill Boyle

When I talked to him before he went to Viet I was favorably
impressed . His action speaks for itself.
                                                  Bill Boyle
                                                      **************
Bill is referring to Gordon Lippman.

Dennis Sura

Ben, please change the email address for me for information.  My name is Dennis Sura and my father was Michael A. Sura 3rd Battalion, Company H 3rd Platoon.  I have retired and have established a permanent address.  Please use dudeed@ascglobal.net instead of denny.sura@genmills.com.   I am a member of the auxiliary and have recently received the Thunderbolt.

Thank You

Dennis Sura 517th PRCT Son
Tom McAvoy

Ben  How come you don't know or cannot find out about the missing OBIT for our guys this past 2-3 months?? Did someone think it was to morbid to post it in the Thunderbolt   Tom McAvoy
                                                                                   *********
Hi Tom,

I have nothing to do with The Thunderbolt.

I have enough problems with Mail Call.

I try not to include mail about religion, politics , bad jokes or mail critical of others. I do always post the passing of Troopers and friends of troopers as soon as I receive them, but there is no joy in doing so and it does not ever get easy to do it. I would not mind  having  someone volunteer to act a Chaplin for me.-Ben