From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2007 9:10 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1316 517TH PRCT- MAY 16, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,
PLEASE SEND ALL PAYMENTS FOR THE REUNION REGISTRATION TO THE ARMED FORCES REUNIONS.  It would be helpful to the Armed Forces Reunions for us to  register as soon as you can decide what tour if any that you want to sign up for.  Important!  Registration fee for children is $25.00 . ( 12 and under )  The AFR would  like you to register for the reunion as soon as possible so that plans can be finalize. Hotel reservations are coming along fine but Reunion registrations are lagging behind.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

                                   WWII Recollections - Soldier's Stories

 formatted pdf forms simple Web Page format
Doubletree Hotel Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form
Doubletree Hotel Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Mary Jane Hanron ( newspaper correspondent )

Hi Ben,

If you wish, please include the following in your next “Mail Call.”

To all the members and friends of the 517th:

With all due respect, never should it be a slow news day when accounts of the bravery, courage and sacrifice of our troops and veterans are yet to be told. Since having the honor of writing about Ben, this wonderful website, the extraordinary valor of the  members of the 517th  and the unimaginable circumstances of  war (the Battle of the Bulge in particular) I have been both humbled and fascinated to hear the tales and reminiscing of any American veterans. The citizens of this country owe such a debt to these selfless individuals they can not express it too often or in too many ways.

Though I grew up hearing tales of World War II, my interest in the details of the roles my family members played in the conflict has been renewed. I have two nephews, ages 11 and 8 who have heard these conversations over dinner or around the home and have developed a curiosity about their great grandfather who fought in the Pacific, their grandmother who was a Navy Nurse and the general meaning of the enormity of what the United States did for the world then and has continued to do since. The USA is a great and noble nation. All veterans able to do so should realize what a gift is given to future generations by sharing memories of the past.

Please know that the history that you lived, even if told to one person, might help others to find solutions to the world problems of today.

It is not said nearly often enough, but there are countless Americans endlessly grateful for your service.

Thank you….and may God bless you all.

Mary Jane Hanron

Billie Hiers

 Ben, please let Claire Gilbin know that I will look for her at DC reunion.  Since this is our first reunion, and I don't know what she envisions for that "HELP" (and since we will have family around) I don't know what kind of time frame I can commit to doing.   Lucky and I have deliberately kept from signing up from "EVERYTHING" which would be a lot of fun, but just isn't feasible.  We weren't sure what his health situation would be.  But, helping out would also be a better way to get acquainted with those who weren't associated directly with Lucky during those war years.

Ben, what do you see the role of "Chaplain" being?   That will be difficult just as it is for you, but prayer can bring someone on board to give you some relief that you deserve.

Billie Hiers

Al Eckart

Ben  I have made reservations at the hotel for myself and my 2 daughters .
We would like to go to liberty jump team and lunch cruise. Two of my
granddaughters will also be with us, Do you know if they are full price?  one
is 3 mos, and one is two years Hope you can help me so I can get my
registration in         AL  ECKART

From Events Planner AFR:
For children 3 and under, the Spirit does not charge at all.  They still need a head count though (for Coast Guard purposes I think).  So, if a 3 year old sits on someone's lap on the bus there would be no charge.  However 4 and up would be full price (I know, surprising). Basically for tours, if a seat is taken on the bus, we have to charge full price.

Rick Sweet

Hi Ben,
         I read in mail call that registration fee for children is $25.00.   My daughter is 16 and is my child does that count or is she to old to qualify ?Also on the tours do children pay less or do they pay the full amount ? I was about to send in payments for the reunion registration.  Thanks for the info. I am glad Melvin Biddle is coming .I hope that I get to meet him.  Thanks for everything Ben............ Rick Sweet  (son of Odas Sweet PFC 517 H co.)
Notice above from Events Planner.-Ben