From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, May 17, 2007 9:34 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1317 517TH PRCT-MAY 17, 2007

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,
PLEASE SEND ALL PAYMENTS FOR THE REUNION REGISTRATION TO THE ARMED FORCES REUNIONS.  It would be helpful to the Armed Forces Reunions for us to  register as soon as you can decide what tour if any that you want to sign up for.  Important! Registration fee for children is $25.00 . ( 12 and under ). The AFR would  like you to register for the reunion as soon as possible so that plans can be finalize. Hotel reservations are coming along fine but Reunion registrations are lagging behind.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

 From the website.
                            Training and WWII Photos

 formatted pdf forms simple Web Page format
Doubletree Hotel Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form
Doubletree Hotel Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Tom Cross

  Ben:
    Mary Jane Hanron's message, with her personal feelings, that she wrote and was displayed in Mail Call No.1316 was very much appreciated.  Her generation is alive and well.. Thank you Mary Jane.
Regards, Tom Cross

Peter Jansson

Dear Mr. Barrett:

A million thanks for your efforts here at this website.  I have learned so much since accessing the site.  FYI -- our dad Bertil Jansson of B company is making progress at New England Sinai Rehab hospital in Stoughton, Ma.  Dad is working hard to make it home in the near future, although he unfortunately will be unable to attend the reunion in June.  Dad and I were so looking forward to it!  Thank you.  As all of you, it would be nice if anyone knew or has memories of my Dad and his/your paratrooper colleagues.  Peter Jansson.
                                                         **********
Bertil Jansson was planning on attending his first reunion with Peter  until he had a tragic accident . Any B company members have memories of Bertil ?- Ben
 Ashley, ( DoubleTree Hotel )

We're very close to hitting block on Friday and Saturday.  Will the hotel be able to add more rooms at the group rate once we fill the block?

Donna ( ARF events planner )

Robert Cooper

Ben
I have lost my copy of Selection of the Parachutist
By Captain David E Thomas Medical Corp U. S. Army
(Reprinted from the Military Surgeon)  Any one know how recover I think it dates back to 1944

Robert R, Cooper Co. D
                                    **************
 "Selection of the Parachutist" from Military Surgeon magazine, date unknown . Sent in by Don Gentry and now on the website.-Ben
Don Gentry

Hello Bob, Thank you for adding my contributions of the Selection of the Parachutist and the Equipment for Airborne Troops to your Historical area.

Click here: WWII Documents  Here is the date and source data for the undated item in the Historical Archives:

THOMAS, D. E. "Selection of the Parachutist." Military Surgeon 91: 81-83; 1942. Military Review 22 No. 86: 64; 1942. 225.

-------------------------------------------------Info Related to Training Injuries at Ft. Benning------------------

The attached July 1944 article relates to a study of the injuries occurring during four stages of training during the same period when some of the 517th and related units were going through training and are the objects of this effort.

Additional information on the Selection of the Parachutist is detailed in follow on observations during the actual training.

Perhaps some of our soldiers suffered a "Silent Fracture" to the Fibula during training.

Looking forward to meeting you at the DC reunion.

MSG Don R. Gentry
US Army Security Agency Retired
Still Serving

Bob Dalrymple