From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, May 25, 2007 4:39 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO 1322 517TH PRCT -MAY 25.2007

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

It is very  important that you make reservations at the hotel before May 31. No rooms can be guaranteed at special rate for the 517th after that date  Don't  wait for a form at this time. Call hotel to make reservations 703 416 4100

PLEASE SEND ALL PAYMENTS FOR THE REUNION REGISTRATION TO THE ARMED FORCES REUNIONS.  It would be helpful to the Armed Forces Reunions for us to  register as soon as you can decide what tour if any that you want to sign up for.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

                                   WWII Recollections - Soldier's Stories

 formatted pdf forms simple Web Page format
Doubletree Hotel Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form
Doubletree Hotel Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form
Bob ( Doc) and Nancy Lecklider

Dear Ben,
        We have lost another one of our good friends, Ralph Call, from "A" Company.  His wife, Lois, called us this morning to tell us he had passed away yesterday about, 10:00 a.m.  We had a lot of good times with Lois and Ralph and will miss him.
        Services for Ralph are scheduled for, 10:00 a.m., Saturday, in St. George, Utah.
Take care, Bob (Doc) and Nancy Lecklider

Boob Boom Alicki

Boom Boom Alicki

  I want to express my sincere appreciation to Lenoir, North Carolina Hospice and Palliative Care Organization and to its executive officer, Cathy Swanson and her staff for recognizing and honoring my 18 years volunteer Hospice Service, and now accepting my as a Hospice Patient.

  Thanks to Linda Lowe and Loren Cole of Hospice Admissions.

   Also, my sincere appreciation to my nurse, Debbie Brawley, Medical Social Worker, Jenni Seagle and Palliative care representative, Anita Pinson.

  Lastly to all my Hospice and Palliative Care Associates of these past 18 years including my supervisor and guiding star, April Moore.........I Thank You.

John A. Alicki
Chris Lindner

HI BEN:

I could not leave this weekend without writing to say "HAPPY MEMEMORIAL DAY"

I want to thank all of the men and women of the armed forces for their service and wish them a very special weekend and to tell them all THANK YOU for what they have done for the United States.

That brings me to the SPECIAL THANKS to my 517 PRCT FAMILY.  Thanking all of you is not enough.  The 517th PRCT has definitely become a very important part of my life and all who served in WWII are truly the GREATEST GENERATION!!!!!!!!!

The website you and Bob have set up is growing and growing.  I read each mail call and I still am amazed at the amount of people that write in asking about their relatives and thanks to all of the members of the 517th there is usually someone out there that can help them as you all helped me so many years ago finding out about what my Dad did.

I am so sorry that I will not be going to the Washington Reunion (although if Rick's travel plans change I will be there).  It is so wonderful the amount of people that will be attending with their children and grandchildren.  It sounds like it is going to be a great reunion.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Memorial Weekend.

Thanks for all you do.

Chris Lindner

Chris

Steve Markle

 just heard about this;

The site Ancestry.com has announced this week that they are publishing available "public" military records providing a "Search through enlightening historical documents from every major U.S. war from the Revolutionary War through Vietnam, including draft registration cards, veterans' gravesites, soldier pension indexes, enlistment records, muster rolls and much more." All of the military records are free until D-Day (June 6, 2007) with registration.

The information is here:

Since yesterday I have spent literally hours perusing around. I have found information on my dad, both sides of my family, and information on men from the 596....just to start. There are records on 2 of my great grandfathers (on my mothers side) who were wounded in the Civil War.

It is a treasure trove of information for just about all American families who have ever had family members in the service or had males who registered for any draft.

...and no, I do not have any affiliation with Ancestry.com .

-Steve-

Gilles Guignard (Our friend from Switzerland )

Hello Ben and Bob,

I hope you are fine.

I will be attending the Southern France ceremonies
this summer and i wanted to buy a 517th cap in order
to wear it this summer^in the south of France.

Id like to get the same cap that Russ Brambi, 3rd Bn
wears at the Toccoa monument in this article:

http://www.517prct.org/photos/curtis_toccoa.htm

Do yo know where i can get one like this?

Is it thru the 517th association??

If yes, do they have an email?

Many thanks for your help and best regards
Gilles

Kath McIntosh

hi ben, could you please start us back on mail call. dad had his 90th birthday in feb and we have been moving.  so now please start us back up.
new address is 1349 w. horizon ridge parkway #711
henderson, nevada 89012

thanks

kathy mcintosh and jesse k davis.

Don Gentry

This is your weekend to save on your projects. Lowe's does this twice a year and I for one appreciate their concern for our pocket books. If your deployed, your family can take advantage.

 Don

10% Off for Military Personnel and Their Immediate Families*

Offer available for all active, reserve and retired military personnel and their immediate families. Must show valid military ID. Discount limited to purchases of up to $5000.

*Offer valid 5/24/07 through 5/28/07.

Find Your Local Lowe's

Boom Boom Alicki

http://patriotshop.us/

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." --Nathan Hale

"[G]ather around their sacred remains and garland the passionless mounds above them with choicest flowers of springtime.... [L]et us in this solemn presence renew our pledges to aid and assist those whom they have left among us as sacred charges upon the Nation's gratitude, the soldier's and sailor's widow and orphan." --General John Logan, General Order No. 11, 5 May 1868

Memorial Day is reserved by American Patriots as a day to honor the service and sacrifice of fallen men and women who donned our Armed Forces uniforms with honor. We at The Patriot pay our humble respects to those that gave the ultimate sacrifice as members of the U.S. Armed Forces. We will remember you always.

Accordingly, this tribute is in honor of our fallen American Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, Marines and Coastguardsmen.

One appropriate way to recognize fallen veterans and their families is to join with others and help place flags on the graves of fallen Patriots at your nearest National Cemetery (generally done the Saturday before Memorial Day).

Please join Patriots honoring Memorial Day across our great nation on Monday by observing a minute of silence at 1500 local time for remembrance and prayer. Flags should be flown at half-staff until noon, local time. Please give a personal word of gratitude and comfort to surviving family members who grieve for a beloved warrior fallen in battlefields defending our cherished liberties.

General George Patton insisted, "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."

Founding Patriot John Adams said: "I am well aware of the toil and blood and treasure that it will cost to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States. Yet through all the gloom I can see the rays of ravishing light and glory. I can see that the end is worth more than all the means...." Indeed it is!

Please pray for our Patriot Armed Forces standing in harm's way around the world, and for their families -- especially families of those, who have given their life in defense of American liberty, while prosecuting the war with Jihadistan.

Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

Mark Alexander, Publisher, for The Patriot's editors and staff.

(For The Patriot's tribute to our Armed Forces, see "To Support and Defend ... So Help Me God.")

You received this email because you are subscribed to The Patriot Post. If you wish to change your Patriot Post mailing preferences, go to http://PatriotPost.US/subscribe/services.asp?nc=BO06889330.