From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Saturday, May 26, 2007 8:10 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1323 517TH PRCT- MAY 26, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

It is very  important that you make reservations at the hotel before May 31. No rooms can be guaranteed at special rate for the 517th after that date.  Don't  wait for a form at this time. Call hotel to make reservations 703 416 4100

PLEASE SEND ALL PAYMENTS FOR THE REUNION REGISTRATION TO THE ARMED FORCES REUNIONS.  It would be helpful to the Armed Forces Reunions for us to  register as soon as you can decide what tour if any that you want to sign up for.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 . All rooms for early arrivals are taken.   Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

 formatted pdf forms simple Web Page format
Doubletree Hotel Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form
Doubletree Hotel Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form

 Click on http://517prct.org/auxiliary/ to find the mission of the Auxiliary and an enrollment form

Ray HESS

Hello Ben.  "his has nothing to do with "Mail call #1322", but to inform  the membership of the loss of WARREN CAULFIELD.  Doris, the wife of Warren informed me this  evening of Warren's death.  He passed away this afternoon and I am sure all the members of "F" CO. will miss him and Doris at the reunions.  I certainly will.  BEST REGARDS TO YOU AND the 517th community Ray R Hess, "F" CO.

Pat Seitz and Allan Greer

Dear Ben:  Thank you for publishing the Memorial Day Remembrance from the Patriot.  It was beautiful.  Thank God for the wonderful men of the 517th and all they have given to keep us free.  Amen.
Sincerely, Pat Seitz and Alan Greer
John Krumm

Ben,

My wife, Irene, and I, (John Krumm) are currently in Berlin, Germany for a week.  It is now a dynamic, bustling city with many interesting historical sites.  We are staying just a couple of kilometers west of the ruins of the Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church.  A couple of days ago, we took an excellent bus tour of the city.  The commentator mentioned that the days of Nazi Germany were of the darkest time in Germany's history.  As we visit this unique city, we remember the accomplishments of the 517th Parachute Division in contributing substantially to the preservation of freedom and good in the world.  We also think of Edie and Gene Brissey from Company E, our special travel partners from just a few years past.

Heather Riley

Ben ,
I have screwed up and let the time slip up on me.  I want to be included and will call the number on the registration form.  I am filling it out and putting the check in the mail tomorrow.   Hope you enjoyed the Mini.  I missed hearing from you and the Mail Call.  I sure want to see you all and be at the banquet. Wish me luck. If you have any clout - I need to add three to the registration packet - 3 beef.   We  also want to do the city tour  and  Saturday's Jump team.  Thanks in advance for your help.  Let me know if you have any other ideas as this is Memorial Day and Monday  is the day.  May the Nation bow it's head in thanks.
See you soon.
Heather Riley
Kent Immerfall

Ben,

This is a link to Military Cemeteries overseas that I was sent.  I don't know if you have listed this one for the Mail Call recipients before or not.  Yes, I found Floyd A. Stott's WW II information right away.

I have been doing some genealogy searches and this made a nice addition for a brother of a WW II vet.  We weren't sure where they brother was buried.  Now we know.  He's in the Sicily-Rome Cemetery.

I am still trying to gain more information on that blue book/diary "My Life in the Service" but maybe the people at NARA will be able to send me something.  Howard Hensleigh gave me his take on it.

My sincere and appreciative THANK YOU'S go out to every veteran and family as we approach Memorial Day 2007.  As far as I am concerned, every day should be a memorable day for our veterans.  I will attend an event Sunday at a nearby cemetery and then I plan to attend 2 events downtown Green Bay on Monday.  It is important to me that I personally thank those who served.

Bless you,

Kenton Floyd Immerfall

Ben,

Is there a "reasonable" explanation for why Floyd's enlistment record would list his Civil Occupation with the following words?

Civil Occupation:

Actor (Motion picture actor. ) or Director, Motion Picture (Motion picture director.) or Entertainer

In a search for another soldier I found the same exact words for his Civil Occupation.  I looked at some others, guys I have never heard of from all over America, and the same exact words are printed.

Was this some sort of joke the fellows were told by earlier recruits to say so they'd be placed in a certain unit?  Was it a way for the enlistment recorder to speed things up?

I'm curious to any logical explanation.

Thanks,

Kenton Floyd Immerfall
Boom Boom Alicki

Kathy let me be the first to wish an old demolitionist member of my 517th Demo Platoon a Happy Birthday!
I missed you last year Jesse Davis, but not this one.
Boom Boom

hi ben, could you please start us back on mail call.  dad had his 90th birthday in feb and we have been moving.  so now please start us back up.
new address is 1349 w. horizon ridge parkway #711
henderson, nevada 89012

thanks

kathy mcintosh and jesse k davis.

Guestbook Entries: