From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 8:36 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1334 517TH PRCT-JUNE 8, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

We have reach our quota of hotel reservations for the reunion. However, you may still be able to get rooms since there is likely to be some cancellations.

 You must send in registration to the Armed Forces Reunions, Inc. for the reunion. Hotel reservations are separate.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 .    Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

G Company at Camp MacKall

Chester A. Wells, H Company
The Story of Corbin Zickefoose's Letters from France

History of the 517th by

Lt. Gen. Richard Seitz

at the 517th Reunion, Savannah, GA

August

Carter Coe

Dear Sir,

I would like to inform you that my beloved grandfather, Paul A. Smith Jr., passed away the morning of June 7 at eighty-four years of age in Atlanta, GA.  He was a proud member of the 517th serving in HQ 1st Medical.  I grew up marveled by my grandfather's courage and experiences in the 517th.  As a child I rummaged through his memorabilia and oftentimes found myself adorned with 517th pins, pendants, and patches.

My grandfather was the greatest man I've ever known.  I have no doubt that his experiences with the 517th helped define his life.  He exhibited a profound loyalty to family and friends that I doubt will be rivaled by any man I know from this point forward.  My grandfather will be missed dearly by all of his four children, eight grandchildren, and by my lovely grandmother Betty Smith.  Please offer your condolences to Betty at 3863 North Stratford Rd., Atlanta, GA 30342.

Thank you so very much for your prayers and support.  God Bless, Carter Coe.

--
Carter Coe
404-213-6243

Bill Boyle

Larry Zickefosse's letter needs correction. The 506 preceded the 517.
In fact I brought the enlisted cadre from the 596 to the 517 and the
506 jumped in Normandy before we saw action in Italy.
                                                                       Bill Boyle

 Diane Bush Steckler

As soon as I sent that I remembered he was in the 1st Battalion. Thanks for
the roster, Ben.  what's the difference in the PRCT and the PIR?
I never heard Daddy talk about the Battling Buzzards just the Screaming
Eagles. He spoke of a farmhouse in Belgium that was such a beautiful area he
wished he could have gone back after the war.
My sister has all the pictures from my parents' home. She lives near
Atlanta. I'm in the New Orleans area.
I so appreciate your help.
Sincerely,
Diane

 Howard Hensleigh

Ben:  Bill Goswsick is attempting to locate his uncle Jesse Goswick in the G Co. picture.  Jesse was KIA in the attack on St. Cezaire.  Can any G Co. men help?