From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2007 8:00 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1336 517TH PRCT- JUNE 12, 2007

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

We have reached our quota of hotel reservations for the reunion. However, you may still be able to get rooms since there is likely to be some cancellations and it is very important that anyone canceling should notify me before you do so. Note mail below from Bonnie Littlefield and Donna Lee.

I some times receive mail with a request for information and I usually answer the person before I place their email in Mail Call.

You must send in registration to the Armed Forces Reunions, Inc. for the reunion. Hotel reservations are separate.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 .    Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

G Company at Camp MacKall

Chester A. Wells, H Company
The Story of Corbin Zickefoose's Letters from France

Paul Abbene

Hello Ben, My name is Paul Abbene. Late 2006, you may remember, you helped
me locate Bill Boyle. Thanks again. As a result I've struck up a friendship
with him and his family (my family). I've also recently joined the 517th
Auxiliary. I have a question.  I plan to visit Bill in Washington D.C. this
month. I also would like to attend Saturday's events at the Manassas
Airfield. Who should I contact about checking in while there to get
passes/permission etc... to attend Saturday and visit Bill at his hotel at
times during the weekend. Or do I just check in with someone at the hotel
when I'm there?  I'm staying at a different hotel.
Thanks again. grins, Paul Abbene

Bonnie Littlefield

Ben and Col. Boyle,
My father, Donald Fraser, sister and niece, Nancy and Vanessa, and I will be attending the reunion but due to the change of some of our family's plans, I will be canceling 3 rooms for the reunion.  If I turn them over to the hotel, they will not be available to the 517th at the price.  If I change the name on the rooms that I have, the people can have it at the rate of $109.  Do you know of any one who needs a room?  I have one room June 27 - July 2 and two rooms June 28 - July 2.  Please call me ASAP (850) 264-3715 on my cell and I will call the hotel to make the name change.  Leave a message, with your name and phone number and I will return the call if my phone is off.  Please pass this information on to anyone who is interested.  Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Bonnie Littlefield
Donna Lee -- Events planner for the reunion

What she said is correct, and is exactly what I just said in my email to you a few minutes ago.  I would suggest that the lady w/ the rooms not cancel them yet.  She can hold on to them until say Monday or so before the reunion begins.  Then, if you hear of someone still needing a room, give them her contact info, and she can make the name change if she still desires.
June Huffman

Have a great time/visit at the reunion!  Wish I could be along.  Thanks for your updates.   June Huffman
Michael Mullins

Dear Mr. Barrett,

I would like to send a cheerful greeting to all of the fighting men of the 517th. I have contacted you before in search of someone living who knew my Grandfather, PVT Bernard Wayne Mullins, of HQ 3rd BN. My father made positive contact with CPL John C. Williams, also of HQ 3rd BN. My family has spent many fruitless years trying to find anyone who served with my Grandfather. My father is currently planning a trip to go see Mr. Williams. Patience, and your website have now facilitated a much anticipated meeting. I would like to thank you on behalf of the entire Mullins family. I am a paratrooper currently serving as an Infantry platoon sergeant. I will be attending Pathfinder school at Fort Benning this summer prior to my 3rd tour of duty in the Middle East. Thank you again for maintaining your wonderful website and helping us in our efforts. God Bless you all. I am attaching a picture of my grandparents to this e-mail for your archives. It is of my Grandfather, PVT Bernard W. Mullins, and my Grandmother Donna Mullins.
Sincerely,

MICHAEL S. MULLINS
SFC, USA
AT-1 PSG
D co, 1/293D INF BN
HOME: 765.945.7206
CELL: 765.437.6224

"All the way!"

"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men."
- General George Patton Jr