From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 8:04 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1337 517TH PRCT- JUNE 14, 2007

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

I'm sure that Boom Boom ( Boom Boom Alicki ) who is ill would like to receive email from his many friends in the 517 PRCT who are thinking about him.

We have reached our quota of hotel reservations for the reunion. However, you may still be able to get rooms since there is likely to be some cancellations and it is very important that anyone canceling should notify me before you do so.

You must send in registration to the Armed Forces Reunions, Inc. for the reunion. Hotel reservations are separate.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 .    Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

G Company at Camp MacKall

Chester A. Wells, H Company
The Story of Corbin Zickefoose's Letters from France

                                                   Flag Day

Inspired by  three decades of state and local celebrations, Flag Day - the anniversary of the Flag Resolution of 1777 - was officially established by the Proclamation of President Woodrow Wilson on May 30th, 1916. While Flag Day was celebrated in various communities for years after Wilson's proclamation, it was not until August 3rd, 1949, that President Truman signed an Act of Congress designating June 14th of each year as National Flag Day.

Click on  That Ragged Old Flag

Boom Boom

Re: Mail Call No. 1335, 517th PRCT 6/11/07

Mike Holzworth

To answer your question....Who was boom  boom?
Knew your Father way back to the Toccoa, Georgia days.  As Boom Boom Alicki, I chose your Dad as a member of my Demolition Platoon, and corresponded with him all these years up to his death on January 12, 2007 which was also my birthday.

I believe I passed this information to one of your relations a couple of months ago.

Boom Boom Alicki

Peter Jansson

Dear Mr. Barrett:
Since December 29,2006 my dad, Bertil George Jansson of B company has been mostly in critical care units after his accident.  This past month, dad has made remarkable improvements and after many prayers finally returned home on Thursday June 7th 2007.  The family thought we may never see this day, but as all of his colleagues of the 517th, dad is one tough nut.  I want to personally thank you and Bob for your help and encouragement and for your help in getting me to contact his friend John Jackopsic.  We had planned to attend the reunion coming up, but this accident has scuttled our plans.  How I wish we could have made the trip!  I know the reunion will be a monumental success, and I look forward to reading the coming posts after all is said and done.  Again, thank you sir.  Although dad still has much still to accomplish, the scary and hard part is thankfully over now.  All the best to you and all members of the 517th.  Dad is proud of his association with all you great people.  Pete.

Michael Wells

Ben:
In Mail Call 1332, Joe Calder indicated he may have known my father, Chester Wells, and may have a picture of him.  Joe Calder requested my email so he can send it to me.  If you deem appropriate, you may forward this email to him and include my return emai:  WELLS_860@msn.com.  I appreciate your assistance in this matter.

Bob Barrett

 Mark D Chapman

To Whom It May Concern,

             I would be interested in any information you could give me about the documents posted on your web site regarding PFC Raymond W. Wilson.  I knew Ray when I was in High School in Eugene, OR and dated one of his daughters.  One day his daughter mentioned her dad was in the paratroops in WWII.  I was quickly shown his 82nd ABN DIV Yearbook and additional pictures.  That day planted the seed for me to become a paratrooper myself.

             I would like to obtain those documents and give them to Ray’s family or if they put them on eBay, to keep them for myself, or donate them to the Airborne and Special Warfare Museum here in Fayetteville.  Thanks for your time.

 LTC Mark D. Chapman

Ray Wilson was in A battery of the 460-Ben

 Mark Chapman

Hi Ben,

             Thanks for the reply.  It sure seems strange to me that his family would sell the documents on eBay.  If you ever run across them again, or know the person who has them, I would like to obtain them.

 My civilian e-mail is:  mdchapman@hughes.net

My AKO e-mail is:  mark.daniel.chapman@us.army.mil

Thanks.

Mark