From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, June 17, 2007 8:03 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1339 517TH PRCT-JUNE 17, 2007
  70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

John "Boom Boom " Alicki's email address is BoomBoomAlicki@aol.com

We have reached our quota of hotel reservations for the reunion. However, you may still be able to get rooms since there is likely to be some cancellations and it is very important that anyone canceling should notify me before you do so.

You must send in registration to the Armed Forces Reunions, Inc. for the reunion. Hotel reservations are separate.

Washington Reunion June 28-July 2 .    Banquet Sunday July 1. Depart Monday  July 2

John Boom Boom Alicki

Kim....Thank you very much for the get well wishes.  At 90 plus I have little hope of recovering.  As a Hospice Patient and being plagued with constant severe pain I look ahead for your and others prayers to ease my pain and join the Almighty anytime  with my parachute packed and ready to make that final jump.
My kind regards to your family. Ben thank you for your recent message......JAA

Boom Boom Alicki

From:    RWINSHIP@glenbrook.k12.il.us (Richard C Winship)
To:    BoomBoomAlicki@aol.com

Hi BoomBoom,

I heard you weren't feeling well and wanted to pass on my best wishes
for a speedy and full recovery!

May God bless you!

Rich Winship
(son of Ed Winship, H Company)

John's address is BoomBoomAlicki@aol.com

Marion Hupman

I am Marion Hupman daughter of Frank P. Hupman 460th Co. C   I thought you might enjoy this information. Sorry I'm unable to make it to the reunion I would love to see some of the people I had meet in the past.  If any one sees Mrs. Carmon Gauthier, please tell her Hello and I hope to she her at the next reunion.  I live in Southern California so I plan on attending the mini reunion in Palm Springs next year. People would remember me as the 13 year old attending the reunions ( that's how Mac McMorrow remembers me. I hope you all in joy the reunion wish I was their.  Marion Hupman

John Krumm

Ben,

This is John Krumm in London, England.  Read the write-up on Gordon Lippman.  It is really quite a story - overwhelming.

Don Gentry

Hello Ben, I want to wish you the very best on the occasion of Father's Day 2007. You are a Father Figure to more folks than just your own flesh and blood. You can count me in that group and I think of you frequently and all the wonderful news that you provide your flock which reinforces just what the Greatest Generation was made of and the close and personal connection we enjoy with them. I, and I'm sure others, feel as close to those passed as we do to those living.

Thank you and yours for the greatest WWII web page in cyberspace.

Don

Rick Sweet

Hi Ben,
         Could you please send me Boom Boom's e-mail address.   I would like to write to him.   Thanks a bunch.
                                        Rick Sweet

Don Gentry
Hi Ben, Just a note to say I did several hours looking into this soldier (John Hopkins) and came up with a blank. I have emailed Kelley to offer my support and requested she provides me some supporting documentation, envelopes, letters, pictures and whatever else she has on her grandpa. I will make a layout for a table at the reunion and maybe someone might have a memory of him.

I would be interested in expanding the morning report records. What can I do to get the information and provide it to your son Bob to put in the data base?

Wow, Richard and I will be doing a Red Eye on the 27th, 10 days and counting. See you on the 28th!
                                                          *********
Don Gentry  an outstanding friend of the 517 and knows our history as well as anyone in the Combat Team - Ben

Tom McAvoy

Ben  I would like to know if any of our 517 members that were injured in combat  lost their jump pay (from the day they were injured) also there combat pay.  Mine was taken away from me the day I was injured,  and damn if the Army did not try and blackmail me into making one more jump after they felt I was ready to return to duty, to get my back pay that they had withheld from me, that is a real grand way to treat a combat injured person.  I did not let them get by with it and refused to jump.  Then talk about miracles happening --  When I applied for a disability from the V.A. for my combat injuries ( broken back 5 places) plus hearing losses, they laughingly told me  We don't believe you have ever been in an airplane, let alone jumped out of one.   Ha Ha.   Tom McAvoy  P.S.  It took me 51 years before I could get them to recognize my injuries.  That is a life time.

Jim Jennis

Hi Tom,

One of the ex-82nd airborne guys at the Coast Guard sent this
"paratrooper's nightmare" to me. I thought you might enjoy it.

Jim