From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, June 24, 2007 8:19 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1345 517TH PRCT- JUNE 24, 2007

  70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

All rooms for reunion  have been reserved. However, we may still be able to make a last minuet reservation. Note Nancy's message below.

I did not mean for all to bring "paratrooper' Odyssey" to the reunion. I just wanted who ever had possession of the copies that we have for sale to bring them. I think that Donna Hilliard will do so.

Paratrooper Training - Fort Benning 1943 Frank Ramos
300 photos of John Harte and B Battery, 460 PFAB
Pvt. John S. Hopkins

Chris Lindner

Hi Ben:

Thanks for the e-mail.  We do not leave for London until June 30th.

I told Darrell that it is really bothering me that I cannot be at this reunion.  I think it is going to be a great reunion and everyone seems so excited about it.  Washington D.C. is a great place to have it.

I have been to the WWII Memorial and I have put my Dad's information and also Darrell's information on the computers there.  It is a wonderful Memorial.

I hope all of you have a wonderful time and I will be there in spirit.

My SPURS did great in the playoff and hopefully LeBron James will be a bit more humble these days after the SPURS SWEPT THE CAVS.

I sent a couple of things to Darrell that he can bring to the reunion and when you see him maybe he will be wearing one or the other.  I think when you see either of the items you will know they were from me.

Have fun Ben.  I can't wait to hear about the reunion.

Chris
Nancy Armand

Hi Ben,

Looking forward to seeing everyone within the week. Does Peter Jansson need room reservations?  I believe my sister may still be holding 2 rooms at the hotel that we are not going to be using. If Peter is in need of a room/rooms, he will need to contact my sister ASAP on her cell number - Bonnie Littlefield (daughter of Don Fraser) at (850) 264-3715. Hope this is helpful .

Glad to hear our friends from France are coming.

Thanks,

Nancy Armand (daughter of Don Fraser - Bonnie's sister)

Victor Wright

Hi

I totally love your website on the 517th – I run a WW2 Living History Group in the UK called A.I.M (Airborne, Infantry & Marines)

And we have been thinking of doing a 517th impression for a while – your site provides a great insight into this incredible unit.

Please take a look at our website – www.wwiireenactor.com I’d love to swap links with you.

If we go ahead and do an impression of this fine unit – would you be interested in putting the pictures onto your website – to help keep the memory alive?

Do you mind if we reprint some of the pictures and stories in our own online newsletter?  We will of course credit you for the articles.

Once again – well done, the website is excellent!

Regards

Victor Wright

Victor can reprint photos and stories from our website and we will have a link to  www.wwiireenactor.com -Ben

Bill Goswick

Ben,
If there is anyone from the 517 PIR, Company G at the reunion that knew or has photos of my Uncle Jesse Goswick can you ask them to send them to me. Who ever knew anything about him or who has photos can you I get their phone number or email? I am also looking for a cap piece for a shadow box. Do you know where I can find one or can you point me in the right direction? Have fun at the reunion.
Bill Goswick
 Pat Seitz and Alan Greer

Ben:
    Please tell Claire Giblin thank you for the word that Jean Michel Soldi, his wife and son will be attending.  Alan and I visited his and Eric's museum when we visited in 2005.  They have done an outstanding job.
    It also sounds as if Claire has done an outstanding job on this reunion and we are so very grateful.  Alan and I are looking forward to being with everyone this coming weekend.  May everyone have a safe trip.  Pat Seitz and Alan Greer
PS  Boom Boom, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

Darrell Enger

Hi Ben

Grand kids were up today so I just read your Mail Call and you mentioned the Paratrooper's Odyssey and bringing them up to DC.  Also opened an E-mail from Donna Hilliard and she said that we sold about 140 in Savannah last year.  Donna has some that we will bring to DC as she and her Mother are riding up with me from Florida.  She didn't tell me how many she had so I tried to call her on the phone but no answer.  She also mentioned that Helen Beddow probably had about 60 to 80 books.  Helen and Hal are flying up so she would have to ship them via UPS as I expect my car will be packed to the hilt with two ladies riding with me.  Forgive me ladies!  Helen if you ship them the cost should come out of the treasury and not your pocket.

Selling these books should bring a good chunk of money to our bank account as they have already been paid for.

Donna and Helen please get together and see how many books we have.  I expect they will be a best seller with the crowd we are expecting at our Biggest Reunion ever.

Darrell Egner
Tom Dorman

Hi Ben,
I thought you would like to see this photo taken of my son, Matthew Dorman, last week at Ft. Campbell. He is with the 3rd Brigade (Rakkasans) of the 101st Airborne. He is 25 years old and enlisted last year. His hero has always been my dad who served with Co. C of the 517th. Thought you would like to see the next generation of Dorman.

He has been offered Ranger Training but initially declined. He deploys with the 101st to Iraq in October. He will most likely accept the next offer of Ranger Training after his "safe" return.

Hope all is well.

Your friend,
Tom Dorman

Tom's father was Jim Dorman - Ben