From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 10:08 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO,1346 517TH PRCT-JUNE 25, 2007

  70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Tomorrow will be last Mail Call until after the reunion

Paratrooper Training - Fort Benning 1943 Frank Ramos
300 photos of John Harte and B Battery, 460 PFAB
Pvt. John S. Hopkins

Rick Sweet

Hi Ben,
        Lory Curtis arrived here in Westchester Ohio to visit his son on Friday. and then we got together on Saturday.  It turned out to be a seven hour visit.  We had a great time talking about his book about the 517Th,our dads and family,  and he brought my dad's replacement medals that were stolen and lost over the years.  It felt like Christmas.  I am going to make a nice display case for them with a locked door, and hang them proudly on a wall.  We had so much in common it was crazy.  Through our conversation it came up that Lory plays a bass guitar. I said  "Follow me you're gonna love this!" I lead him to my basement where I have four amplifiers, a set of drums, a P.A. system and 2 guitars and 2 bass guitars.  We jammed (played music freestyle) for almost an hour and it actually sounded pretty good!!  Because of the 517th website I have a new friend.  Hopefully on Monday, I plan on taking him for a boat cruise on the Ohio River if he can find the time to go.  The reunion is right around the corner and I am looking forward to it and making some more new friends.  I feel that my dad is smiling down on me and wish he could be there in person. John Alicki, I hope that your pain is under control and I pray for you often that you will be comforted. Lory and I call ourselves " Sons of Buzzards" or S.O.B.s.  I am able and willing to talk to any other S.O.B. that wants to communicate. sugarhill@fuse.net Thanks for everything and I will see you folks soon at D.C.
                                               ( Son of a Battlin' Buzzard) PFC Odas Sweet
                                                 Rick Sweet

Ronald Stassen ( Netherlands friend )

Hey Ben,

Its the Battling Buzzards and is about the 517 PRCT.
I will gladly pay for any costs. If there is another book about the
517 PRCT i would gladly obtain it.

Thanks in advance

Ronald

Victor Wright ( Friend from UK)

Thanks Ben - I'll be sure to put a link to your site.  One of the posts here mentions a book, would this be the official
unit history or is it a book written by someone who was in the 517th?  I'd be interested in purchasing it.

Regards
Vic

Ronald Stassen

Man,

I don't know what to say........
Thank you so much.

Ronald

Dennis Sura

Have not received any mail please insure address is right.

Thank You
Ben, please change the email address for me for information.  My name is Dennis Sura and my father was Michael A. Sure 3rd Battalion, Company H 3rd Platoon.  I have retired and have established a permanent address.  Please use dudeed@sbcglobal.net instead of denny.sura@genmills.com.   I am a member of the auxiliary and have recently received the Thunderbolt.

Thank You

Dennis Sura 517th RPCT Son
Victor Wright

Ben

That would be awesome - there are twenty of us here in the UK dying to promote the 517th
we just need to learn more about them first - many thanks.

Regards
Vic

Dennis Sura

Thanks Ben, I was going to come to DC this week but my wife won a contest and we are going to Mexico.  I will make the next.  Please give everyone my best regards in the name of my father Mike Sure 3rd Bat, H Company, 3rd Platoon, 2nd Squad.

Dennis Sura

Trooper Walsh

Hi Ben...!...

As you probably already know I just spoke with Peter Jansson and learned
that he, his, Dad, and a couple of Brothers will in fact be attending the
517th Reunion...!!!! You can't imagine how excited I am for them, and I
look forward to serving them in every and any way while they are here. I
am so excited that I would like to attend as many of the functions
myself, if openings still exist and health depending. I live 15 minutes
from the host hotel so I don't need a place to stay, but I fear I'm a bit
behind the May '07 deadline for submitting my Reunion attendance
money...might even bring one of my Son's to an event or too, if possible.

Now...some logistics... I understand you are taking care of arrangements
for finding hotel accommodations for the Janssons...? In the last day or
so I seem to recall some Lady mention her Sister (?) might have a couple
extra unused rooms...? I would offer my home except we don't have much
space and I suspect the Janssons' will be more comfortable at the hotel,
if possible. If not - perhaps we can find a hotel nearby...????

Anyway...as you seem to be arranging things please keep me informed as to
how I can help out with the Janssons...?...! You might want to give me
your cell number for last minute stuff... my number is listed, as below.

One last thing for now. I have a few large photos relating to the 517th
which some folks might enjoy seeing, one may never have been seen before.
I was thinking of exhibiting them someplace...but I don't know how,
when, or where to do so. Any thoughts...? These are not something I am
going to want to leave unattended for any length of time...but maybe at
the banquet...?

I look forward to meeting you...not so sure you still want to meet me
after yesterdays rants, but hopefully you can understand, or at least
forgive me for letting off some steam.

Warm regards...TW<<

Trooper Walsh / Proprietor of ZooGenesis / Purveyor of DragonTails
2393 North Edgewood Street
Arlington, Virginia 22207
Cell: 703.346.4432
twalsh@juno.com