From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 7:30 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1349 517TH PRCT- JULY 4,2007
  70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Just trying to catch up on email.

It will take time to rehash the Washington reunion in future Mail Calls.

Website                                 www.517prct.org

Bob Lynam

My wife and I had a wonderful time at the Washington Reunion. It was a great pleasure to meet you personally, Ben. We enjoyed the breakfasts and the Sunday night banquet. The tour to Washington, D.C. was great. Washington, D.C. is amazing. The World War II Memorial is unbelievable. We met many nice people, and everyone was so friendly. I could not believe the people who were interested in knowing about Richard and wanting to see his pictures.
Hopefully, we will be able to attend another Reunion in the future.

Bob Lynam
Corey Mace

Ben,

Please add me to the 517th Mail Call list.  I'm one of the jumpers.  It was an honor jumping for such great men and their loved ones.  I only hope that this new bond and lasting friendship will pave the way for more jumps for all of you.  Thank you so much for spending time with us and sharing your stories.  You are the heroes we will always keep near and dear to our hearts.  Thank you for you service to this great country!

Corey Mace

Don Saunders

Ben:
Jan and I arrived home with no problem. We had a phone call from Mike Bulino's son asking me to call him a.s.a.p, I called and Mike's wife told me that he had died Friday while we were at the reunion. We were very saddened to get that news, but Mike had been very sick for over two years and unable to leave the house for over that time.  He was a good friend and we spent a lot of time with them at many previous reunions. He will be sadly missed.
Many of the 596th Eng. will probably want to send his wife Catherine a sympathy card.
Thanks for all of your help in helping me on my registration problem.
Don Saunders
Peter Jansson

Thank you Mr. Barrett and family--for your kindness and your hospitality.  Should Mary Jane Handron contact us, I will inform Dad and cooperate in any small way I/we can.. .. The reunion was so special to us!    Dad took it very much to heart.  I want to thank everyone--and will do so a.s.a.p.  Everyone was so nice to us.  Thank you for everything.  Fondly,  the Jansson's.

517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team

2007 Reunion
June 27 - July 2, 2007
Washington, DC