From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2007 8:02 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1355 517TH PRCT - JULY 09, 2007

 70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Last two Mail Calls had the same number and same date.#1354 July 8. ????Click on

1354a - July 08 '07

1354 - July 08 '07

Reunion photos from Lory Curtis ,Steve Markle and Bob Barrett http://www.517prct.org/reunions/2007_reunion_dc/2007_dc_reunion_photos.htm. They can also be found on the website

Reunion Info and Photos   or   Washington, DC National Reunion Photos

.  If you have a video of the speech or a video of the reunion please let us know. Send Photos and mail.

We will have information about Snowbird mini-reunion
Kissimmee, FL Jan 20-22, 2008 in later Mail Calls.

517th Regimental S-2 Section in France 1944
Bill Boyle news article
Zoot Snyder, A Company
Boom Boom Alicki in Southern France
250 photos of Don Saunders and 596 P

Dick Seitz

Bill Boyle.  Bill, I enjoyed your story.  You are a great leader and I share with all the members of the 1st battalion your tremendous leadership and your great contribution to the combat success of the 517th.  A big well done.  With great personal respect and admiration.  Dick Seitz

Helen and George Jansson

Thank you and all of your associates of the Board of Directors of the 517 reunion a very special 3 days. I know it meant a lot to Bert and our entire family. Kindly add this website to your mailing list. frogjansson@comcast.net . It was the experience for Bert, Peter, and George Jansson of a lifetime. Again, many thanks, George and Helen  Jansson

Bertil  Jansson  B Co. just recently got out of the hospital after a bad accident and was determined to get to his first 517 reunion and his family was just as resolute that his wish come true. - Ben

Helen Beddow

I was impressed with the overall work of the Armed Forces group.  I could see where I had spent hours on name tags, tickets etc, and that was all taken care of by them.  Then going back to make sure that everyone had the correct tickets and all packets had everything in it, also was a huge time saver to Claire.  Having them negotiate all of the events, hotels etc was also a major huge time saver.  I enjoyed doing that here in Savannah, but doing that part from a distance would have been really hard to do.  Mollie was wonderful with the dealings that I had with her, and I am assuming that you  feel the same way.  Also, the banquet table seating arrangement was handled very, very well.  I was wanting to do that in Savannah to avoid having people place napkins etc in the middle of the tables to reserve them, however, I could never figure that out in time to do anything.  Yours worked well, and I liked that people could not just up and switch tables at a whim.....although some tried.  I think that the Armed Forces group is the way to go from this point on.
Steve Markle and Bob Barrett

More about Mike Bulino and the Schmidt mine field:

http://www.republicanherald.com/site/index.cfm?newsid=11731424&BRD=2626&PAG=461&dept_id=536271&rfi=8

http://www.517prct.org/photos/stars_clipping_1945.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/517th_Parachute_Regimental_Combat_Team_%28United_States%29#Battle_of_Hurtgen_Forest

Gilles Guignard ( Switzerland friend)

Here are 3 photos of Colonal Boyle which arent on your website.
It would be great if you could create a section for these in the "training and ww2 photos".
http://www.517prct.org/photos/photos.htm

Note that Colonel Boyle is wearing here the new M43 Field jacket which has been camouflaged in the typical Dragoon Southern France shades but also has some dots of khaki. Note also the typical 517th chinstrap on the helmet.

With best regards, Gilles

Submitted by Comments:
Name: Tom Larson