From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2007 8:08 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1359 517TH PRCT-JULY 12, 2007

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

We will have information about Snowbird mini-reunion, Kissimmee, FL Jan 20-22, 2008 in later Mail Calls.

596th PCEC portraits
Colonel Bill Boyle in Southern France
517th Regimental S-2 Section in France 1944
Bill Boyle news article
Zoot Snyder, A Company
Boom Boom Alicki in Southern France
250 photos of Don Saunders and 596 PCEC

Dick Seitz

Darrell Egner.  Darrell, I recommend St Louis as the site for the next reunion.  I base my recommendation the central location and the many attractions for family members. Again, congratulations on being elected president of this great association.  I know with you outstanding leadership the association will move to great heights and provide an organization for which we will enjoy and be very proud of.  With great personal admiration.  Dick Seitz

Lory Curtis
Ben,
Great picture of the V.P. can you ask Bonnie if she could email a copy
of it at lcurtis@utah.gov
Thanks
Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis HQ 1st BN
Tom Cross

Darrell;
    Am counting on listening to the St. Louis Blues in 2008 at their home site.  From all I have heard and read the Washington Reunion sets the standard for future National Reunions.  Wish to thank and congratulate Ben and Claire for the outstanding work they did on our behalf in launching the Washington Reunion.
    Count on the Cross Clan at the St. Louis Reunion.. Also, congratulations to you and Merle as our new President and Vice President. You will make a good team! Also, congratulations to you Ben for getting Dick Seitz to accept a position on the Board of Directors. I have tried to do that for years without success.  He will be a great help
    Am happy to see the Auxiliary playing such a prominent part in the 517th PRCT planning and activities. The late Jan Hensleigh would have proud of the emergence of the Auxiliary as a moving force in our organization. She and Howard had the vision to realize the need for and advantage of having such a wonderful support group.  THE 517TH PRCT is alive and well and a legend in its own time and for the future too. God Bless.
Regards, Tom Cross
Leila and Bill Webb

Dear Ben and all 517,

Bill and Leila Webb really enjoyed the DC Reunion and everyone did a beautiful job.

Hope to see everyone at the Florida Mini Reunion:

                                        Ramada Gateway Inn Kissimmee
                                        Kissimmee, Florida
                                        Jan. 20-23, 2008

Bill and Leila
Frederic Brega
Dear Ben,

  Hope you are doing well!

  I am sad I missed the recent reunion during my recent trip in New York (reunion was 1 week after), but I was really happy to meet Mike Kane and Kathy with whom I correspond for several years. Mike expressed his intention to arrange a trip to Nice next year, and we are impatient to welcome this sympathetic couple and assist them to follow the steps of the 517th here.

  Since I will publish in next October an important article about the 517th in the Maritime Alps, I would need to complete my pictures file. Actually, I miss some illustration pictures on the 596th and 460th, which will stand in good position in the article. Therefore, I would appreciate if you could kindly put me in touch with Mr. Steve Markle (for 596th) and Mr. Don Harte (460th).

  That would be of great help and will enable to finalize this project, which will be diffused in France and Belgium for a good understanding of the 517th’s action.

  A .pdf version of the article will be forwarded to your attention to have it only via the 517th website.

  Wishing you a good day, and thanking you in advance for your kind assistance,

  Best regards from Southern France

 Frederic Brega

Bob Barrett

Hello Mr. Barrett,

 A friend of mine sent this web-sight link and I thought you might be interested. I haven't looked at it, but there are many links to photo's and other information.

 Thanks again!

David Rose
Son-in-law of

Herbert Downs  "H" Co.

Garry Poole

Hi Ben:
 Please unsubscribe me for a while. I am having some health problems and will be away from home for a while.
Gary Poole

Helen Jeffcoat

Ben    Thanks for mail call.  This truly keeps us all informed and the information is keeping in touch with family all over the country.  This was a rewarding reunion.  Ben, Claire and everyone that helped really did an outstanding job.    My husband is Allen Jeffcoat of the 517 Co D.  Also, Claire, thanks for the summary of the banquet and the speech by Vice President Cheney, who recognized and honored the 517.  It was truly great meeting everyone, especially you'all.   Thanks again     Helen

Peter Jansson

To Claire and all of those who were so accommodating and lovely to us:  It was I, Peter Jansson who had thought he had left a bill inadvertently behind.  Knowing the members in attendance would help, my brother left a message it may have been lost there.  The money was discovered in some confusion the last night of our stay.  Please forgive me if it brought any discomfort to the fine people upstairs.  It was MY mistake. Peter Jansson -- It was a pleasure to meet everyone there.  Truly an honor for my brother and I.
 Jo Ann Roberts Gray

Hi, Ben,
I really enjoyed this years' reunion in Washington DC.  Guess I'd  best get connected.

Jo Anne Roberts Gray, daughter of Hal & Jeanne Roberts

gigharborjo@comcast.net