From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2007 8:58 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1372 517TH PRCT- JULY 22, 2007

 70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

We would like to know if you were able listen to the  Vice Presidents speech in past Mail Calls.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6501927275786372791&hl=en

I try to limit the size of Mail Call to four printed pages for various reasons.

 At times you may have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Please try to send in donations by August 15 to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the for the Thunderbolt.Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.         Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Snowbird mini-reunion
Kissimmee, FL Jan 20-22, 2008 Details in later Mail Calls.

Recent website additions:

Madawaska Victory passenger lists    NEW
Chester A. Wells, H Company
1st Lt. Floyd A. Stott, I Company (KIA)
Robert Magnuson and friends, H Company
1983 517th Reunion Booklet - San Mateo, CA

517 PRCT Association  Officers

Vice President Dick Cheney - video

If you click on this logo below, it will provide much information about distribution of the website. The 517 Website has been viewed in over 75 countries .

517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team Edit   http://extremetracking.com/?freeu2
  Counting since:     5 March 2003 /� 09:32
  Current report:     22 Jul 2007  /  10:37
  Summary     : Totals and Averages
  Unique Visitors     : Day | Week | Month | Hours of the Day | Days of the Week
  Incl, Excl, Reloads     : Day | Week | Month
  > Geo Tracking     : Domain | Country | Continent
  System Tracking     : Browsers | Operating Systems | Screen Resolutions | Screen Colors
  Referrer Tracking 1     : Last 20: Unsorted | Email | Searchengines | Queries | Usenet | Harddisk
  Referrer Tracking 2     : Totals: Sources | Searchengines | All Keywords | All Website Referrers

Steve Markle

Bob and Ben,
    I saw that at least one guy had problems with the video that was posted on Google (and how Paris Hilton was related to this video I'll never know!), so I have put together a number of options for people who have had trouble with the Google link (or just want a personal copy). All are available here;

If you want to grab any/all of the downloads for the 517 site, please be my guest.

As a last resort, and for our friends that do not use the Internet, my daughter has just finished mastering a DVD of the video. Because of the total length (under 12 minutes), it can fit on the mini DVD's for easy mailing (inside a card) for most users. Anyone who has a DVD player that does not have a top loading, or tray loading DVD (i.e. a front loading with no tray) will require a full size DVD.

If you go ahead and send me your mailing addresses, I will forward a copy of the DVD.

Thanks.

Darrell Egner

Ben

I can pull the VP's talk up but it will run for a second and then cut off.  After a few seconds it will run again for a second and then cut off.  It makes a 12 minute speech well over half an hour.  Frankly I never finished it.

Needless to say I do want to see it or better yet read it.  Heaven forbid if it's my computer.  I will cal AT&T tomorrow as every time it rains my DSL cuts me off and I lose what ever I am working on.  I will ask them if it's my computer or a problem with DSL.

What do you think?

Darrell
                                                   ******
Darrell ! Get out of the rain.- Ben

Don Harte

Hello Ben

Hope all is well with you and your family.  I'd like to be added to Mail Call.

Don Harte ( son of Sgt John Harte, 460th PFAB )

Pat Seitz and Allan Greer

 Dear Ben:  We have just replayed the video of the Vice President's speech at the reunion.  Thank you to you for posting his speech on Mail Call, to Steve for filming it, to those whose hard work secured his attendance (you, Claire, Frank Ramos?).  It was a wonderful tribute to the outstanding men of the 517th and we are so blessed that it was done and to have had the privilege to hear the words of gratitude and praise on behalf of the nation to the 517th's heroes and their families.
    Sincerely yours, Pat Seitz and Alan Greer