From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2007 7:39 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1373 517TH PRCT -JULY 23, 2007

 70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,
I try to limit the size of Mail Call to four printed pages for various reasons.

 At times you may have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Please try to send in donations by August 15 to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the for the Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.         Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Snowbird mini-reunion
Kissimmee, FL Jan 20-22, 2008 Details in later Mail Calls.

Recent website additions:

Madawaska Victory passenger lists    NEW
Chester A. Wells, H Company
1st Lt. Floyd A. Stott, I Company (KIA)
Robert Magnuson and friends, H Company
1983 517th Reunion Booklet - San Mateo, CA

517 PRCT Association  Officers

Lucky Hiers

BEN:  fYI   ONLY:  (NOT a complaint)

We could open the link for Cheney's speech, but it crackled and broke up so much that we gave up trying.
Is it possible to get the transcript?????

We are so sorry we missed meeting you, but hope to be at Kissimmee and Billie is keeping her fingers crossed that we'll make Palm Springs.  We have a son who just moved into that area with his wife, our grandson and granddaughter.

We agree with all the nice things everyone has to say about you and the others who keep the 517th on the move!

Lucky Hiers.

Bob Barrett

Hi Steve,

 The Cheney video file, even at medium quality is still 83 MB.  I will download it and save it for myself.

 Apparently, some people are not able to stream it from Google.  I’m not yet sure about the version on your web site.

 One thing that I did, with the Dick Seitz speech from Savannah, was to post it by loading it onto YouTube.  My understanding is that YouTube does some amazing compression, and also senses your download speed, and sends it to you at the appropriate quality.  Unfortunately, YouTube limits video postings to 10 minutes, and 100MB.  That’s why I cut the Seitz video into 2 pieces.

 I don’t know if video-google has similar compression capabilities.

 Thanks,

 Bob Barrett