From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2007 7:42 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1377 517TH PRCT- JULY 29, 2007
 70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA.02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

I am attempting to  transfer my 517 roster address book to another computer so that I will be able to send Mail Call while out to Lake Tahoe and California. May end up throwing the computer into the lake.

I try to limit the size of Mail Call to four printed pages for various reasons.

 At times you may have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Please try to send in donations by August 15 to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the for the Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.         Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

 http://markleweb.com/blog/vice-president-cheney-speaks-at-washington-dc-reunion/

Snowbird mini-reunion
Kissimmee, FL Jan 20-22, 2008 Details in later Mail Calls. Soon!

Recent website additions:

Robert Magnuson and friends, G and H Companies
Madawaska Victory passenger lists
Chester A. Wells, H Company
1st Lt. Floyd A. Stott, I Company (KIA)
1983 517th Reunion Booklet - San Mateo, CA

Bill Boyle news article

517 PRCT Association  Officers

From the Web site:   WWII Recollections

Pat Seitz and Allan Greer

  Dear Ben:
    Was just thinking of Boom Boom. How we wish he could have been with us at the reunion.  Is there a way that we can let him know that we were thinking of him and how grateful we are for all that he did for our country and the generations after him?  He is very much in our prayers that he always be enveloped in Divine Love, that his considerable wisdom and constant good humor continue to flourish and, most of all, that he experience at all times the Peace that only God can give.
    Sincerely, Pat Seitz and Alan Greer
John F . Buchalski  (Boom Boom's Nephew )

Good Afternoon Ben:

Just finished talking to John and he is still very weak and has a
difficult time walking - his legs have much pain.  John just got back
from the doctor, his wife Georgia has some serious problems.  Could not
discuss anything with John as he runs out of breath very easily while on
the phone.  He is still on the net but he only checks it occasionally
since his computer is upstairs.  He would love to hear from the folks of
the 517th but cannot answer immediately due to the location of the
computer and his problem of walking up a flight of stairs.
(Boomboomalicki@aol.com).

If I hear any more I will pass it on - John sends his best to all those
who are thinking of him and God bless.  John sure has high praise for
the members of the 517th and their families.

John F. Buchalski
Nephew of Boom Boom

"FAIR WINDS AND FOLLOWING SEAS TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU"
                                            ****************
Boom Boom's Email address:  boomboomalicki@aol.com
Phone number (828) 728 - 9882.
Mail address:129 Roberts Lane, Lenoir, NC. 28645

Lisa Lee

Hi.

My name is Lisa Lee.  My father was a Sgt in the 517th Parachute Infantry.  I remember my father telling stories of his time in the army but as a child I didn't want to hear war stories.  Now with my father gone, I wished I had listened to those stories.  I have been searching for any information I can get on my father during his time there.  I have been unable to come up with any picture either.  I have written the government and they did send me duplicates of all of his medals, but no pictures and no family members seem to have any.  I miss my father terribly, his death going on 9 years.  PLEASE if anyone can give me some information on him during this time or has any pictures with him in it, I would so greatly appreciate it.

JAMES THOMAS LEE
Hq Co 517th Parachute Infantry

Thank you so much.

Virginia Jorgen

Hi, Ben,  You do a remarkable job.    You need a rest.   Have fun at TAHOE>   It's a great place.

Has anyone just transcribed the vice president' speech.   I would like to just read it as such.   thanks.

P. S.   The hotel did send my lost glasses to me.

Virginia Jorgen
                                                 ************
I hope to get a transcribed  copy of the speech soon. - Ben

Lyn Vickers

Hello, Ben...
Know you are soon traveling or maybe you are already.  Anyway, my son, Fred Burton, sent this link to me.  I found it interesting & thought you might as well.  Evidently there are EVEN OLDER veterans of conflicts out there.  We lived for 4 yrs in northern England at Burtonwood, so we keep up with the UK news.
Enjoy your trip,
Lyn Vickers

                                                         **********
Very interesting-Ben
 Rick Sweet

eBay

Rick Sweet sent you this eBay item

Hi Ben I saw this item on eBay and thought you might be interested. It was sent home by CPL James Goodwin of F co.  I talked to the seller through e-mail and James was a family member.  He has some pictures too .I would like to see them go to the 517th. Rick Sweet
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180142005153&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:2
1944 US Paratroopers Christmas V Mail, France 517th Par
Current bid: US $96.00 (3 bids)
Shipping: US $3.00

We have the card on the website - Christmas V-Cards -- Ben