From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 9:06 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL N0. 1379 517TH PRCT- JULY 31, 2007
 70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

 At times you may have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Please try to send in donations by August 15 to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the for the Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.         Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

 http://markleweb.com/blog/vice-president-cheney-speaks-at-washington-dc-reunion/

Robert Magnuson and friends, G and H Companies
Madawaska Victory passenger lists
Chester A. Wells, H Company
1st Lt. Floyd A. Stott, I Company (KIA)
1983 517th Reunion Booklet - San Mateo, CA

Bill Boyle news article

517 PRCT Association  Officers

Boom Boom Alicki

 This is  great honor to receive Email such as this one...Mercy from a group of 517th Prct .  'old time freedom fighters......
Yes, for an terminally ill old timer and still a Hospice patient.
Keep in touch.
Will follow up at a later date.  Keep praying that I hit the DZ target for the last time.............On target.
Boom Boom

Lisa Lee

Hi thank you for the information.   I have been going through the photos online.  However, since this was a long time ago and I have never seen pictures of my father from that long ago, I am having trouble seeing if he is in any of these pictures.  If you have any information on him, I would appreciate it.  If not, thank you for posting my emails for others to see.  Hopefully someone will remember my father and let me know something.  I would love any information I can get on him.  The anniversary of his death and his birthday is coming up and this time of year really makes me miss him even more.

Thank you and God Bless each and everyone of you.
                                                          *********
Lisa Lee's grandfather is JAMES THOMAS LEE. Hq Co? 517th Parachute Infantry??
Please let us know if you know anything about James Thomas Lee.-Ben

 Gene Brissey

Gene Brissey
Hello Ben and Troopers. Have just read the July Mail Calls and will write bits and pieces in way of comments. So glad to read comments about DC and reunion wish I could have been there. Good to see comments from La Muy friends. Sorry to read about "Dog" Jordan, "Boom Boom," Howard and others.  With help I have corresponded with Jean Loup about the picture of Germans killed while riding motorcycle. Although I don't think this is a picture from near La Roquette, we did kill two riders during capture of that town. I have been under the weather for long time. My eyes are big problem. Can't read nor write well. Have had an MRI of head. As of yesterday doctors found nothing in there. Well, they did find a little brain. I have been to several doctors recently. They assure me that I should be able to go to St. Louis next year. That's good that is a great place to visit. I will be looking forward to future Mail Calls.
Gene Brissey

Jay Sutcliffe

Hi Bob,
I went into the website to look at the "Foxhole" picture (love that
picture) and saw that you had already updated the caption.  You're too
much!!

I've been scanning my Dad's pictures and will be sending them to you
soon.   Some of the pictures are of troopers who are on the website and
will not for whatever reason post a picture of themselves.  I've been
able through trooper's autographs and addresses contact family members
and in some cases troopers themselves. Some are ecstatic and others
could not be bothered.  Most of the other pictures are people I don't
recognize. After seeing the picture of my dad I thought that someone
might find the same pleasure seeing one of their friends/family members
as I did.  It's been a lot of fun, and I have you and your father to
thank.

Thanks for everything

Boom Boom Alicki  (Received April 10 )

Ben
Thought I would bring this to your attention.....After attaining 18 years voluntary service with Hospice, beginning tomorrow I will become a patient under Hospice care.

John Alicki (Boom Boom )

Boom Boom Alicki (just received 7/31/07

Getting ready in preparation for making that final jump in preparation on that perfectly landing zone on that "Halo" blessed landing on DZ  zone together with that Squad of Angels  for the signal......"We happy few, we band of brothers.  For He today that sheds his blood with me shall be my Brother."  For ever, SAEPE EXPERTE , SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI."
"Often tested, always faithful, brothers forever."

John Aloysious Alicki

Boom Boom forwarded  "Bank Account" after he was under Hospice care.- Ben

Bank Account

A 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud man, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o'clock, with his hair fashionably coifed and shaved perfectly, even though he is legally blind, moved to a nursing home today. His wife of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary. After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, he smiled sweetly when told his room was ready.

As he maneuvered his walker to the elevator, I provided a visual description of his tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on his window.

"I love it," he stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been presented with a new puppy.

"Mr. Jones, you haven't seen the room; just wait."

"That doesn't have anything to do with it," he replied.

"Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged .... it's how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it. "It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice; I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do.

Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open, I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away. Just for this time in my life.

Old age is like a bank account. You withdraw from what you've put in.

So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories! Thank you for your part in filling my Memory bank. I am still depositing." Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3 Live simply.
4.. Give more.