From: ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2007 3:49 PM
To: Kfihome46@aol.com
Subject: MAIL CALL #1384 517th PRCT -AUGUST 15 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

I’m sending this mail call on an “applesauce” with a wing and a prayer!  I am trying to get this out today as it is Aug 15  which is an important day for the 517th!            I have much more mail to send in future mail if all goes well.  I will try to correct font size etc. later.  We are still working on sending it blind copy so you wont have to scroll through everyone’s addresses.  I am having trouble with the volume of addresses to send out on this crazy laptop so I will send in smaller batches for now

Paratroopers' Odyssey is available for $22.50. Send payment to Leo Dean.

 At times you may have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII photos .

Please try to send in donations by August 15 to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the   Thunderbolt.
Send donations to Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.

Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to Karen Frice Wallace
66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Website                                 www.517prct.org
Mail Call                                Ben517@aol.com
Mail Call Archives                 www.517prct.org/archives
Roster                                   www.517prct.org/roster.pdf

Snowbird mini-reunion
Kissimmee, FL

Jan 20-24, 2008

Recent website additions:

Richard Eaton videos - Witness to the War
Raul Flores, B Company
Robert Magnuson and friends, G and H Companies
Madawaska Victory passenger lists
Chester A. Wells, H Company
1st Lt. Floyd A. Stott, I Company (KIA)
1983 517th Reunion Booklet - San Mateo, CA

Bill Boyle news article

517th PRCT Auxiliary Mission Statement
517th PRCT Auxiliary Member Application 2007-2008
517th PRCT Auxiliary Officers and Committee Members 2007-2009

From all the people of Le Muy, Mr The Mayor, from Mickael , Eric  Airborne Museum

We are celebrating in those next days the 63th anniversary of the Airborne operation in South France, Your operations, you will be one more time in our thoughts during those specials days, and you have know that people of France never forget the sacrifice of you all. Thankyou for our liberty
God bless you all dear friends of the great 517th, god bless America !

DARRELL ENGER

LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT

After the wonderful Reunion in Washington, here we go again.  The 2008 Reunion will be held in St. Louis, Missouri, which is almost in the center of the USA per your many requests to cut down on travel time and distance.  As the Armed Forces Reunions did such a terrific job for us in Washington we have engaged them already for 2008.  We have also booked the Sheraton Westport Plaza Hotel which is located on the West Loop and near the airport.  It's a beautiful hotel and less money than Washington.  For those that have Internet access you can look it up at Sheratonwestport.com.

Your Chairperson for this Reunion is Chris Lindner who was born and grew up in St. Louis and still has family living there.  She now lives in San Antonio, TX but visits St. Louis frequently.  She is already making plans for the event.  In addition Claire and the great gang in the Auxiliary have offered their help.  The last count I had was we had 80 members in the Auxiliary.  To me it means the 517 PRCT will be around for our children and Grand Kids.

I'm told we had 302 people attend the Banquet in Washington which I believe is a record.  As everyone I talked to had such a great time in DC I expect we will exceed that number in 2008.

Please mark your calendars with the following dates and plan your vacations around this Reunion.  The dates are arrive on June 26, 2008 and leave on June 30, 2008.  I made a list of 10 attractions I would like to see and I am sure AFR will come up with more.  Maybe even a Base Ball game if they are in town to see the World Series winner play in Bausch Stadium which I am told is a world class stadium.

I'm really looking forward to seeing all of you in the "Show me State."  And don't forget the Florida Mini in January to get out of the snow.

Airborne all the way,

Darrell Egner

PAT SEITZ AND ALAN GREER

Ben:  you never cease to amaze us for all that you do (and learn to do) for the 517th.  Thanks for learning your daughter's computer.  Please give her our regards.  We hope you are having a wonderful time. Thanks also for Claire's story.  It is wonderful to know the details and whom we should thank.  We had not known that Mr. McCormack was the ultimate person who made it happen.  It was a real testament to you, Claire, Frank and Brian and your dedication to the 517th and its contribution to freedom.  Sincerely, Pat and Alan

HOWARD HENSLEIGH

Ben:  Lud Gibbons and Zoot's sister (Zoot, one of Don Fraser's boys from A Co.) were just here, had a tour of the place and are on their way to Washington state.  Both are in good health and spirits.  For those of you who may have wondered, they both approved of the place here after a Cook's tour.  I learned why Zoot was called Zoot.  He wore his zuit suit with a reet pleet to the induction center and his mother who hated the zoot suit was actually happy to see him in uniform.

Hope that Apple computer is not giving you too much difficulty.

Airborne regards,  Howard Hensleigh

CLAIRE GIBLIN

Look what Jim found on msnbc.com today.  Our Leo has made his 100th skydive.

 http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20241249/