From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, August 26, 2007 6:09 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL 1390 517TH PRCT-AUGUST 26,2007

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

This Mail Call is a final effort bring Mail Call up to date.  Some may have been lost in the shuffle and not all attachments and photos have been posted. I will be back on my own computer Wednesday August 29. Send Mail.

 Paratroopers' Odyssey is  available for $22.50. Send payment to Leo Dean.

  At times you may have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Please try to send in donations by August 15 to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the for the Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.         Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Matthew Skovera, HQ Co, 3rd Bn.

PFC Anthony S. Celli, I Co. (KIA)

517th Commemorative March 2007- Southern France

Richard Eaton videos - Witness to the War
Madawaska Victory passenger lists
1983 517th Reunion Booklet - San Mateo, CA

Bill Boyle news article

Bill Goswick

Ben,
Howard put a photo on the site of 517 PIR, Company G.  I was wondering if anyone can point out my Uncle Jesse Goswick.
Thanks Bill
Joe Richardson

Hi Ben, thank you for the quick reply.  Any idea or guesses as to who it might be?  I would be willing to do some investigation to see if they could be found so that they can be scanned and preserved.  If needed I have access to a scanner with a feeder that does larger documents and automatically puts them into a pdf formatted document. All the best, jr

** Joe is seeking information where 460 morning reports may be located. - Ben

Jean Loup Gassend

Dear Ben

I am sending you a text (attached document)
describing Louis Holzworth's experiences in southern
France so that you can add it to your excellent website.
Last year when I made an announcement on mail call
saying I was looking for 517 veterans to interview,
Louis Holzwoth is one of the ones who replied to me.
Here is the result. There are surely many spelling
mistakes that you should correct before adding the
text to the website. The pure unedited interview is
also available if anybody is interested.
I would like to remind all the 517ers that I am
making an oral history book about southern France, and
would be more then happy to interview any of you that
have something to share over the phone. I would
particularly like to talk to John Henwood and Frank
Tavella of G Co, but I have been unable to contact
them.
I can be contacted at jean-loup@gassend.com
or my phone number is (0033)4-93-20-22-91.

Jean-Loup Gassend

Per Jonasson   ???

Hello!
My name is Per and I'm 16 years old and I collect World War 2 militaria. In
the future I hope I can open a museum with much militaria and vehicles from
just World War 2.
I wonder if you can help me with my little collection, If you want, can you
send me an autograph of  a World War 2 veteran ?
I don't know if this e-mail sends out to veterans but if some veteran would
like to send an autograph please send to:

Per Jonasson.
Stängseln 41.
79021 Bjursås.
Sweden.

Hope I will get an answer!
I will collect much more militaria.

Best regards: Per Jonasson from Sweden.

Ronald Stassen  ( Netherlands friend )

Dear Veterans,

Here are some pics from the wedding last Saturday from Erwin and Inge.
They are leaving for there honeymoon to the US tomorrow. They will visit the states Atlanta en Florida.
If they are back i know for sure they will send you their personal thanks.
When they got the present Saturday evening they where completely whipped of there feet.
We gave them all the notes, pictures and cards you did send me.
It was a evening they, friends and family wont forget!

Thanks a lot for your help.

Kind regards

Ronald