From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2007 8:55 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1402 517TH PRCT- SEPTEMBER 19, 2007

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Paratroopers' Odyssey is  available for $22.50. Send payment to Leo Dean.

You may at times have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Please try to send in donations by August 15 to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the for the Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.         Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Matthew Skovera, HQ Co, 3rd Bn.

PFC Anthony S. Celli, I Co. (KIA)

517th Commemorative March 2007- Southern France

Richard Eaton videos - Witness to the War
Madawaska Victory passenger lists
1983 517th Reunion Booklet - San Mateo, CA

Bill Boyle news article

 Kenton Immerfall

I am wondering how Tony Ventura is related to Sgt. Robert J. Miller.  I would certainly like to see the letters Lt. STOTT sent to Sgt. Miller's wife.  Maybe Floyd sent them after Sgt. Miller was killed?  Also, if any photos come attached I'd certainly like to see them too.  It never ceases to amaze me how far the "arm" of this Internet site reaches out to people.  Thank you Tony Ventura for offering some 517th PIR momentos.

Kenton Immerfall
Nephew of Lt. Floyd A. Stott

Steve Gomez

Nicolas,
What fantastic photos from Nice to Col de Braus! It was very emotional to see you with the "B" battery guidon.
Attached is a photo from Camp Mackall in 1943 with my father CPL Ben Gomez at left (gauche) holding the same!
Bon Nuit Mon Ami,
Steve

Kent Immerfall

  Ben,

Thanks for forwarding my email address to Mr. Ventura.  As far as attending a reunion...I definitely have the St. Louis dates marked on my calendar.  I plan to reserve a room and hope my Mom is well enough (and willing) to attend a day or two with me.  She lives in an Assisted Living facility down-the-road in Lebanon, MO.

When I told Mom that I was planning on attending the St. Louis Reunion she said, "Well, you wouldn't know any of those guys."  She just doesn't realize how this Internet site has extended to all family and friends of 517th soldiers.

I just want to touch base with a few brave men who rubbed elbows with Uncle Floyd and thank them for all they did so that I am able to sit here and read about them and learn about their exploits to keep us free.

Kent

Gene Frice

Ben,

      A recent 517 email covered the production of the 517th Historical
CD and that of the 517th June 2007, Portland reunion. I however still
receive queries as to the where and when of the production. So, if you
would please be so kind.

Correspondence between Bob Dalrymple and Gene Frice re: 517th
Historical CD Disk production.

Bob,

      Good to hear from you. In reply to your question and to those that
have an interest in the CD.

      The CD you inquired about has been in work for a year or more. Dr.
Don Adamski (a family friend, fellow National Ski Patrol buddy and mt
rescue companion, did a historical video on my 80'th birthday. It was
mostly skiing, bicycle, drinking, fun and games, however he became
interested in the 517 and he included some of that as well as my bio in
the disk).

      With his interest in my family and the 517, (recognizing that he
had no military experience and his recollection of WWII was only as a
young man) he put his scientific mind to work. He had attended several
of our meetings (Palm Springs and Portland). For the next two years he
gathered data on the unit and we very slowly produced about 10-20
versions of his work. We spent countless hours on replaying and adding
to the basic theme and correcting untold spelling, ID's, units, etc
etc. This was a very time consuming task for him considering both of us
are employed and live 200 miles apart.

      In production of the disk, several months ago concluded- enough is
enough. Don then looked at reproduction of the disk. He went to several
sources including Kinko-Fed Ex. They gave a price of 15 dollars each.
The Kinko's staff asked "it's military-what is it? He showed it to them
and they said, "great program."
Several of the crew had been military and one was airborne. They then
got the price down to $ 6-10 dollars apiece including label and
mailing. Not bad.

      Don then found putting a durable label on a disk is somewhat of a
problem. With his detailed scientific mind he tried a dozen commercial
label programs and other than the Kinko label each ultimately suffered
bad defects, scratches, smears, staining, etc. So he went to Kinko for
about one dollar each for labeling.

reproduce the labeled disks. The disk was forwarded to Wade for
reproduction. We estimate the cost of the disk will be about plus or
minus $ 6-10 dollars. The 517 Historical disk includes video of the
June 2007, 517 Portland reunion, which was also produced by Dr Adamski
as well. We are greatly indebted to Dr. Adamsk, and Wade Gilberti for
their tireless efforts on our behalf.

      I am sorry for the length of time to produce the CD of the 517th,
however Hollywood Productions are time consuming. I am sure that you
will enjoy the CD. Do not send money at this time.

      Plz send further mailings to    genesir@gmail.com (been having
this problem of transferring from AOL to gmail for couple of years in
spite of a correct address published in the roster for over a year ??).

     Gene Frice, F Co

 517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team Auxiliary
The 517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team Auxiliary has three main goals:
1. To secure the history of the 517th.
2. To assist veterans in attending the Reunions.
3. To defray registrations costs for the veterans for future Reunions.
The most important thing that we can do for the 517th is to preserve the history of this outstanding unit. We want to do this by obtaining your oral and written histories,archiving and protecting photographs, and in time, caring for memorabilia not left to descendents.
The oral and written histories are so important to the preservation of the 517th.While some of our 517th men are deceased, there are sure to be stories and memories of these strong and courageous men that need to be told. Video histories are wonderful, however taped conversations are important also. We need to get these stories before it is too late.
We feel that there are children, grandchildren and other relatives of the 517th that have talents that could be used in keeping the 517th PRCT alive after our proud and strong men are gone. We are looking for these talents in building a strong Auxiliary.
Please consider what talent you have that you can share with us to obtain this goal.
Membership in the Auxiliary is $30.00 a year or whatever fits your financial
situation, and goes to support the work of the Auxiliary. We hope that you will find it important to support the Auxiliary and join in keeping the 517th spirit alive. We thank you for any talent or effort that you can contribute to this endeavor.
Helen H. Beddow, President
517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team Auxiliary