From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2007 7:56 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1403 517TH PRCT-SEPTEMBER 24, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Paratroopers' Odyssey is  available for $22.50. Send payment to Leo Dean.

You may at times have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Please try to send in donations by August 15 to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the for the Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.     Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Matthew Skovera, HQ Co, 3rd Bn.

PFC Anthony S. Celli, I Co. (KIA)

517th Commemorative March 2007- Southern France

Richard Eaton videos - Witness to the War
Madawaska Victory passenger lists
1983 517th Reunion Booklet - San Mateo, CA

Bill Boyle news article

 Bob Barrett

Dad,

I have to send my apologies to you and everyone about being far behind in posting materials to the website.  As you know, we have been spending all our free time helping the girls start up their new store in Andover.   Most of that start-up work is now done, and they are up and running.  I still have to set up the accounting software, and be the on-call handyman when needed.  But I will try to keep up with the most important submissions for the 517th web site.

I especially have to apologize to Gilles Guignard and Nicolas Arnulf of France, who sent in many photos of commemoration activities in Col de Braus, as well Lance Anderson, who sent in videos of all the speeches from the DC reunion banquet.  I will get to all that eventually.

I just posted some materials from Tony Ventura – photos of Sgt. Robert J. Miller (KIA) of I Company, and some letters to his Mother from Lt. Floyd Stott and Cpl. Allen.

            Sgt. Robert J. Miller, I Company (KIA)

Bob B

Sgt. Robert J. Miller (KIA), I Company

from Tony Ventura

Morris McDowell
Ben,
I plan to leave pictures of Layton, & Richard Lynam at the church in Bergeval, I hope they will keep them there to remember the men that gave their lives for the Belgium people. I will send pictures when I get back. Morris

Al Eckert

Ben, one question   is the dvd shootout battle of the bulge the one with the
story of Mel Biddle in it?
AL ECKART                                **********
                                                                    *************
Battle of the Bulge DVD (Shootout!)  Phone History Channel 1 888 423 1212 - Ben

Frederick Brega ( Monte Carlo friend )

Dear Ben,

Hope you are doing well.

Will pursuing my research on the 517th PRCT, I found this interesting V-Mail, for which the design is known very well by the Association. This pictured VMail is actually the exact format delivered to the recipient, a reduced version of the original letter developed from a 16mm Kodak film by the Signal Corps special mail service.

 However, this interesting point is that it was sent from Southern France by Cpl James L. Goodwin – Personnel Section. This “Personnel Section” is never mentioned on the various regiment sources. Has someone any souvenir of this section? I could not find any information on J. Goodwin as well?

Wishing you an excellent Week End,

Best regards,

Frederic

Boom Boom Alicki

 Anyone that loves photography will appreciate the precision of the photo. As the jets are probably moving at around 400 mph and you being just right to get the shot at that instant. And that is a hard formation to stay in as the planes in the "S" are just a little graduated degree behind the next one and staying that way to maintain the formation.

Awesome!

It is a great photo of an Air Force training squadron flying in a never-done-before "USA" formation over the control tower "Taj Mahal" (HQ building) of Randolph Air Force Base in San Antonio, Texas.

Others also sent us this photo. Ben

Lory Curtis
Subject: A Veteran

There is not a better way to say it. A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it. -- Author Unknown
Kent Immerfall

 Hi Tony,

This was fantastic!  I have never seen my uncle's cursive writing.  Anything I have of his was printed.  How sad that 25 days after Floyd wrote the letter to Mary, he also gave the ultimate sacrifice for America and world freedom.  I have the feeling that if the boys had to do it all over they'd do exactly the same.

I will try to copy Floyd's things and share them with his sister, my Mother.  She is 91 and it is still difficult for her to talk about Floyd.  She knows and understands that I have an interest in my uncle so we are able to discuss what he was like at times.

Thank you again for all that you are doing to keep the memory of the 517th alive.

Sincerely,

Kenton Floyd Immerfall