From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2007 12:16 AM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1406 517TH PRCT-OCTOBER 2, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

We have a message from our Belgium friends, Irma and Arnold Targnion plus some great photos that we now have on the web site as well as a link to them in this Mail Call

 Paratroopers' Odyssey is  available for $22.50. Send payment to Leo Dean.

You may at times have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Please try to send in donations by August 15 to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the for the Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.    Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

517th PRCT Auxiliary Mission Statement
517th PRCT Auxiliary Member Application 2007-2008
517th PRCT Auxiliary Officers and Committee Members 2007-2009

 Irma and Arnold Targnion

Dear Ben,
This photo of Logbiermé (2007, jan 7 th) during our annual ceremony to pay homage to the US soldiers. The monument of Logbiermé presents a star with 5 crosses for the 5 men KIA; Hubert Ford and Al CARACIOLA have a cross with their name on it before the stone. Karl KIEFER told us that the company came from Stavelot thru a place called "le Butay" -) la Coulée where they had a terrible battle like in the field where the monument was built in 1984; Colonel Bruce CHESTNUT, Nolan POWELL, Earl PRICE, Phil DI STANISLAO, Charlie KEEN attended the ceremony of dedication. Last week we visited the monument with Bob DODDS (son of Robert DODDS - 517th 3rd Bat. H company ) He came here with Eddy MONFORT as guide for Bob. This week we welcomed Morris MC DOWELL and wife, we guide them all over here to visit the battle fields and monuments. We also went to Henri-Chapelle cemetery and Bergstein in Germany. Tell Frizt EICKBERG that we keep the memory and that we shall never forget the sacrifice of those young heroes who lost their live for our liberty. Hello to everybody from Belgium. Irma and Arnold TARGNION with love and gratitude. Le message est prêt à être envoyé avec le fichier suivant ou les liens joints
0

    Click on for more great photos http://www.517prct.org/photos/logbierme_2007/logbierme.htm

Walt Smith

   Ben in re. Bob and his apologies for his imagined slight of the 5177 web site, this guy, Walt Smith i.e. which is me, sees no slight.  GO FOR THE ANDOVER STORE!  Bob  and his Dad have done for the 517 far more than some such as me.  We hold your family in great regard for all you have done.    God bless you/
    As for myself, I do not get all the mail calls read due to ARMD making reading very difficult and requires a magnifying glass. My wife reads them and reports to me.  Thank God for her.
    As I said earlier, God blesses us by giving you to us........,,,,,
Walt Smith
Don Gentry

Hello Ben, I noted with interest your lead in to Mail Cal #1405 and some of the benefits that might have been overlooked for our Greatest Generation. The following web site is a link to download the VA Federal Benefits booklet. It is 170 pages which should be downloaded using your fastest browser. Although I love AOL for many reasons, I use Mozilla Firefox to open or download files that seem to take to long on AOL. Specifically, I cut and paste the URL to perform this task. Even if a person has dial up service, this may assist in getting information faster.

Don Gentry
Boom Boom Alicki

This video made me laugh -- you should watch it:

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/2b38b7a59f

Tom McAvoy

Hey Ben    Here is a .late flash for you?? I am Tom McAvoy of the 517 from Toccoa to jump into So. France 8/15/44  I have found that the V.A. is billing my Medicare for Blood Test Services,  I cannot believe it does anyone else know of this type of carrying on.  I get my Prescription Drugs filled by them. They are also asking for my individual Health Care Plan Numbers,  what happen to our free medical service because we were injured in Combat (Service)  Is this some more of that cussed Presidents savings Plan.  Tom McAvoy
After a veteran turns 65, medicare pays first and then VA and health plans take over. Not sure about death benefits .-Ben
Guestbook entry

Name: Elena York

My daddy Antonio Salinas was in this unit and I would like to know what
I need to do other then to tell you that my dad was a recipient of both
the Purple Heart and the Bronze Star so that his name can be added to
that section.