From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 9:10 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1414 517TH PRCT- OCTOBER 16, 2007

70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,
 Paratroopers' Odyssey is  available for $22.50. Send payment to Leo Dean.

You may at times have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Please try to send in donations by August 15 to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the for the Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.   Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Leila Webb

Hi Ben,

The mini reunion banquet is on Jan 23rd, 2008 beginning at 6:30PM

Menu choice is:

                      1. Tropical Chicken
                      2. Roast Beef

Leila

Lou Scaringi

Ben, I saw Dick Seitz's request for info on Melvin Schiers requested by Mel's daughter.  I believe I can help answer some of her questions since Mel was a good friend of mine.  How can I get in touch with her?
                                                         Lou Scaringi

June Huffman

Ben, I am trying to locate Benny Putman.  He was in  Hg, 2nd.  Last address was in North Carolina.  He was originally from Winston Salem.  He and "Monk" were good friends and I met he and his wife Betty several times.  I would love to locate them.  Can anyone help me?  June Huffman  (Officially his name may be Ewell?)   Thanks,
                                                 ***********
W.F. "Monk" Huffman made the maps for Paratroopers' Odyssey -- Ben

 Helen Beddow

Hal and I just received the 517th DVD, and it is just awesome!!  I can appreciate all of the hours and hard work in getting the DVD made and available for all of us.  Many thanks to Wade, Gene, Karen and Mr. Adamski.  Your work is great!

We hope that all of the East Coast people are getting their registrations in to Donna and reservations in to the hotel.  It is always such fun to see everyone.
Claire Giblin

Claire Giblin (clairejgib@patmedia.net) has sent you a news article.

Meet the real-life 'Band of Brothers' - Yahoo! News

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071013/ap_on_en_ot/books_band_of_brothers

Frank Ramos

Ben:  I shared earlier with Claire a recommendation for the next reunion of the 517th in St. Louis to invite a senior Veteran's Administration representative to share information and follow up on some the issues that the 517th members have with their WW II injuries, etc..

I had thought of collecting a list of outstanding individual claims and deliver them to the Veteran's Administration in Washington, DC, but there are privacy concerns, etc. that I do not want to get the organization involved with. What I can do is contact the VA with the notion of how to help the individual members with some oversight follow up by the auxiliary at the top level.

My basis is from an encounter I had when I ran into a 517th member at the Savannah Airport who recognized me from that reunion. He remarked he was wounded and left the hospital before officially clearing out because he did not want the military to inform his mother he was wounded and wanted to get back with his regiment.  He never received his Purple Heart.  Likely, he has no record of his injuries and could have some lingering affect of his injury.  How many more members likely have the same issue to deal with the VA?

Your thoughts on how the auxiliary can help you all out?

Best

Frank Ramos