From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 9:22 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1423 517TH PRCT-NOVEMBER 1, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Checks for the 517 video should be made  out to 517 auxiliary.

 Paratroopers' Odyssey is  available for $22.50. Send payment to Leo Dean.

You may at times have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Please try to send in donations by August 15 to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the for the Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Frederic  Brega

Dear Ben,

Hope you are doing well!

Here attached is a long article on the 517th PRCT in the Maritime Alps published in the November issue of the magazine MILITARIA. Its diffusion is for France, Belgium, Canada. The cover page is here-attached as well.

Maybe it would be interesting to keep a record of this article on the 517th Website. I imagine that many French-speaking people interested in the history of the regiment will be happy to have the possibility to download it.

 Click on links below.

Paras en Provence: Le 517th PRCT Dans Les Alpes Maritime
       from Armes Militaria Magazine (cover, article)

Your friend from Southern France,

 Frederic Brega

Steve Markle

Thanks for letting us know. I will see if there is any way to translate this (if you don't already have one).
 This looks very well done!
Thanks again for all you do....
-Steve
                                                     ******************
Translation would be great. - Ben
Mike Kane

Thanks Ben.

I met Frederic in New York City this past summer. He is really the nicest person you could meet.  He'd sent me a draft of the article earlier but the photos were not in high definition.  Thank you for sending the final along.

I don't speak French but,  if you click on "select" on the toolbar when viewing the article, you can "block and paste" the text and put it into a translation website.  Its not exact but you get a pretty good idea of what it says.  The Google Translation site is at

There's another one at Alta Vista translation:

Frederic's eye for detail in the photos is remarkable.

Thanks for sending this.

All the best,
Bob Barrett
Dad,

Not sure if I sent this to you already.  It is from a month ago.

Bob