From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, November 21, 2007 3:57 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1435 517TH PRCT-NOVEMBER 21, 2007
70  Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

                    Happy Thanksgiving

Please let me know if your email is not to be included in Mail Call by inserting FYEO .

 Paratroopers' Odyssey is  available for $22.50. Send payment to Leo Dean.

You may at times have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Please try to send in donations by August 15 to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct. Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Snowbird mini-reunion                     .
Kissimmee, FL
Jan 20-24, 2008

West Coast mini

Palm Springs, CA

April 13-18 2008  ( We will change schedule on website )

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29, 2008.

Recent website additions:

paras en Provence: Le 517th PRCT Dans Les Alpes Maritime
       from Armes Militaria Magazine (cover, article)

Hal Jeffcoat - Baseball in Wartime

Flave J. Carpenter, I Company - bio

58 photos of D and H Company men

Dick Seitz

Ben, to you and all the great troopers of the 517th, and their families all good wishes that the Thanksgiving Holiday fulfills all the hopes you have for it.  With profound admiration for you all.  Airborne all the way! Dick Seitz

Nancy Fraser Armand and Vanessa (daughter and granddaughter of Don Fraser)
Dear Ben and members and families of the 517th PRCT,

It seems like yesterday when we were in Washington, D.C. It was a great reunion with many of the men meeting each other after many years in the past.

As we approach the holidays, on behalf of my father and family we would like to extend our best wishes for a most memorable holiday and good health in the New Year. We pray that you remain safe as you travel to rekindle family ties.

If you have a moment, would you please take time to drop dad a note to say hi at:

Don Fraser, 3161 Boston Hwy, Monticello, FLA  32344

Thanks,

Nancy Fraser Armand and Vanessa (daughter and granddaughter of Don Fraser)

Irma and Arnold Targnion

Dear Ben, dear friends of America,
We went in Normandy on last week-end. in fact, we would like to create contacts with a village in Calvados (Montchamp).
This place will be our twined town in may 2008; like us in Ardenne, people are really grateful and you can see monuments everywhere. They suffered a lot after the allied landing in Normandy. This area was liberated in august 1944 and many civilians were killed by the germen. During our visit we thought of you all and of the sacrifices and bravery of the young american soldiers. The normen built many monuments and some of them for the 60th anniversary in 2004; this one is built in Monchamp, the second also and the others somewhere in the fields. Our love to all of you. Irma and Arnold.

Bob Dalrymple

Dear Ben and Mr Henninger . I can definitely identify Ray Hild as the man at no. 14 , first row . Ray was my 1st Plat commander . I shall continue to scan the group pic, as I have one of the originals on the wall above my desk , seeking Ray Poe . I am sorry to here of Ray's passing. He was our company clerk and a fine soldier . Bob Dalrymple, Former CO , 596th Engrs .

517th Annual Florida Mini-Reunion Jan. 20-24, 2008

Parachute Regimental Combat Team

Hosting: Donna Hilliard, Leila Webb

Ramada Hotel & Inn Gateway

7470 Highway 192 West

Kissimmee, Florida 34747

Tele: 1-800-327-9170     Fax 1-407-396-4320

Web site: www.ramadagateway.com

PLEASE TYPE OR PRINT CLEARLY

 NAME: ______________________________________________________________________

 ADDRESS: ___________________________________________________________________

 CITY:-________________________________________________________________________

 STATE: ______________________________________________________________________-

 SPOUSE: ____________________________________________________________________

 FAMILY MEMBERS: _____________________________________________________________

 CHOICE FOR BANQUET DINNER:

1)       TROPICAL CHICKEN

Marinated chicken breast in a Rum Marinade topped with fruit salsa

Herb roasted potatoes, chef’s choice of vegetables

2)       ROAST BEEF

Sliced pot roasted beef with mushroom gravy

Garlic mashed potatoes, chef’s choice of vegetables

Please pick your choice:     1) Tropical Chicken ___________

 2) Roast Beef______________

COST OF REGISTRATION, USE OF HOSPITALITY ROOM, AND BANQUET IS $ 40.00 PER PERSON.

PLEASE SEND PAYMENT TO DONNA HILLIARD, 517TH COMBAT TEAM, 2830 BLIND OWL DRIVE, ORLANDO, FLORIDA 32822