From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:49 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1439 517TH PRCT- NOVEMBER 27, 2007
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com

Hello,

Please let me know if your email is not to be included in Mail Call by inserting FYEO .

 Paratroopers' Odyssey is  available for $22.50. Send payment to Leo Dean.

You may at times have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Please try to send in donations by August 15 to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Snowbird mini-reunion
Kissimmee, FL
Jan 20-24, 2008

West Coast mini

Palm Springs, CA

April 13-18, 2008

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29, 2008.

Recent website additions:

River Crossing and Attack at La Roquette, 27-28 August 1944
Howard B. Goodman, Service Company

Paras en Provence: Le 517th PRCT Dans Les Alpes Maritime
       from Armes Militaria Magazine (cover, article)

Hal Jeffcoat - Baseball in Wartime

Nancy Fraser Armand
Dear Ben,

Am writing to inform our friends of the 517th PRCT that our father, Don Fraser is in ill health. He has very recently experienced a rapid decline as his health is failing. We ask you for your prayers at this most difficult time.

Thank you for your prayers and support,

Nancy Fraser Armand, Home # (773) 445-0317 , or cell (773) 407-8613.

Our dad is living with my sister in Monticello, Florida, but please feel to call me to answer any questions

Darrell Egner

Thank you Nancy Armand for sharing this sad information with Ben on our good friend Don Fraser, your father.  My prayers will be with all of you. Hopefully he will get well soon. Please keep us informed.

I believe he lives with your sister Bonnie Littlefield in the beautiful little town of Monticello, Florida.  Years ago I left a few dollars at the Dog Track in Monticello.

Darrell Egner
Howard Hensleigh

Dear Nancy:

As well as our association in the 517th, your father and I have been long time friends, beginning when he was postmaster in Blue Island, IL.  At the reunions when we weren't talking about our exploits in the outfit, we were comparing notes on our cattle and his horses.  Your father is one of the best and I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers.  He is a fighter and has never given up the fight or he would not have made it this far.

Love to all you Frasers,  Howard Hensleigh

Bud, Lory, Tim Curtis and family

Ben,
To the Fraser family we are fervently praying for your father, Major Don Fraser's quick recovery.  I am also putting his name on the prayer roll in the Salt Lake Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  His name will remain on the prayer roll for two weeks.  All our best to you and your family.

Bud, Lory, Tim Curtis and family, HQ, 1st BN

Mickael, Lizy, Adrien, Eric

All our prayers will go to you Don, think of you Nancy, Ponnie, & Vanessa,

warmest regards from Mickael, Lizy, Adrien, Eric, and all your friends from the Southern France

Claire Giblin

Dear Ben -

I am so sorry to hear that Don Fraser is not well.  Major Fraser has been an integral part of our reunions and the 517 family, and at the DC reunion, he was one of our honored veterans on the dais at the banquet.  I will never forget the image of him at Colonel Boyle's side.

His whole family has become active in the auxiliary.  One of my father's (Allan Johnson 596) first reunion memories was of Major Fraser's then-young granddaughter, taking notes at a reunion.  She'd chosen it over DisneyWorld, which my dad still finds amazing.

Major Fraser and his family are in our thoughts and prayers.  He is truly one of the Greatest Generation - a dedicated member of this Band of Brothers.  We are so fortunate and proud to be associated with the fine men of the 517 and their families.

Warm regards,

Claire Giblin

517 Auxiliary - Friends and Family

B  J Spencer

See Acrobat file attached – this fellow from France sent it to me.

BJ Spencer McCauley (Dick Spencer III’s eldest daughter)