From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 7:52 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1464 517TH PRCT-JANUARY 2, 2008

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com
   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Hello,
You must notify me when you change email address.

 Pease let me know if your email is not to be included in Mail Call by inserting FYEO.

You may at times have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Snowbird mini-reunion
Kissimmee, FL
Jan 20-24, 2008

Banquet Jan. 23

Palm Springs, CA

April 13-18, 2008

517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29, 2008.

Recent website additions:

The Thunderbolt - August 1943

The 551st Attack on Trois Ponts, 2-7 Jan 1945
River Crossing and Attack at La Roquette, 27-28 August 1944
Howard B. Goodman, Service Company

Paras en Provence: Le 517th PRCT Dans Les Alpes Maritime
       from Armes Militaria Magazine (
cover, article)

We think of you all the time, and on this Special day want to wish you all a Very happy new year 2008 !
You always host a special place in our hearts ...
Hope so see you soon this year,

                                                    Warmest regards from  Southern France

                                                                AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY !

MR the mayor of Le MUY,

J. Mickael, son Adrien, Eric

and all your friends

 here in Le MUY

AIRBORNE MUSEUM
FRANCE

Pat Seitz and Allan Greer

Dear Ben:  Thank you for posting the photos from Jonathan showing some of the commemorative markers of the actions of the men of the 517th during the Bulge.  As this year closes, those photos help us remember with gratitude the heroic efforts 63 years ago that ensured our freedom today.  God bless all the men of the 517th and their families.  Happy New Year!  Sincerely, Pat Seitz and Alan Greer
PS  Thank you for keeping the flame alive!
Howard Hensleigh

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all you troopers, old and young.

Thanks to our friends from the Netherlands for getteing Woody Woodhull's credentials corrected on that grave marker.  We always knew the 82nd and 101st were great airborne outfits, but I don't want either of them on my marker (not to think I will need one soon).  The VA is taking good care of me and I will last a few more years, God willing.

Highest Airborne regards,  Howard Hensleigh

Don Liz Sliker and family

Happy New Year and a great 2008

Don Liz Sliker and family
Lory Curtis

Ben,
    I have just returned from my Dad's funeral, and I wanted to especially thank Lud and Marty Gibbons for attending.  This was no small task for them since they had to drive all the way from Laguna Beach up to Long Beach on those very busy California freeways.  It is approximately 50 miles each way.  Their dedication to the 517th is praiseworthy, and it meant so much to me, and my family to have them there.  Lud and Marty, thank you so much, I will always remember your kindness.   Also many thanks to those who emailed me to give their condolences.
My Dad had full military honors that were performed by paratroopers at his memorial service, and then again at the National Veteran's cemetery in Riverside, CA.  The VA rep at the Cemetery was a 27 year retired Airborne, Command Sergeant Major.  He officiated and because Dad was a Paratrooper he wanted to give an 82nd Airborne Salute, which he did by Saluting, and saying "AIRBORNE ALL THE WAY WHOOA!  My Dad had a complete paratrooper funeral, and yes I made sure he had his Wings. It was very special.  My family expresses our sincere gratitude to everyone in our 517th family

Lory Curtis, son of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st BN

Darrell Egner

this is really good take a listen...

if you can't click it try the http....

David De Boer

Please add my address to your 517th PRCT mail call.
Best Regards, David De Boer
            v          Enumclaw, WA