From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 10:09 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1470 517TH PRCT- JANUARY 9, 2008
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com
   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Hello,

You must notify me when you change email address.

 Pease let me know if your email is not to be included in Mail Call by inserting FYEO .

You may at times have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Snowbird mini-reunion
Kissimmee, FL
Jan 20-24, 2008

Banquet Jan. 23

Palm Springs, CA

April 13-18, 2008

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29, 2008.

Recent website additions:

The Thunderbolt - August 1943

The 551st Attack on Trois Ponts, 2-7 Jan 1945
River Crossing and Attack at La Roquette, 27-28 August 1944
Howard B. Goodman, Service Company

Paras en Provence: Le 517th PRCT Dans Les Alpes Maritime
       from Armes Militaria Magazine (
cover, article)

Betty Traver

Ben,
I thought I would let you know that Myrle is back in the hospital again.  This time the doctors say that his kidneys are in bad shape and he was critically low on magnesium.  When I visited him yesterday he was looking much better.  I will keep you posted on his progress.
Betty Traver
                                                *********
I have a link about Myrle that is broken  but will post it as soon as line is repaired. The Schmidt Bergstein Attack

Pat Seitz and Allan Greer

Dear Ben:  Alan and I so appreciate the pictures that Irma sent.  God bless Maria, Irma and Arnold for all that they do.
    We have been blessed to visit the church and stand by the memorial in the church yard.  Thus, to see these pictures, especially with the Christmas decorations, on one hand paints a contrast to Christmas time in Dec.1944-Jan. '45, and at the same time fills our hearts with the warmth of love and great pride for our 517th heroes as well as a deep sense of indebtedness to the citizens of Belgium for their devoted commitment to remembering the sacrifices that enabled Christmas to be celebrated with the spirit and warmth as shown in these pictures.
    Sincerely, Pat Seitz and Alan Greer

Libby Lenseigne  ( Pat and Dan Smith Hq. 1st were involved in an auto accident )

Dear Ben,

Yes, that would be fine.  My father was driving and went through a green light and was hit by a 22 year old driver who went through a red light.  My parents' car was T-boned on the driver's side backseat.  The car flipped upside down and then landed right side up two lanes over diagonally across the street.  It is a miracle they survived and that their car did not hit another car.  It is a miracle my parents survived.  Thank you for your concern.

Sincerely,

Libby Lenseigne
Nila Gott

Hi,

I finally upgraded to keep up with the times and my new email is nilanila@att.net

Thanks

Nila

Don Gentry

Hello Ben, this is a swell site that provides a way to show your gratitude to our troops without discomfort for them as sometimes is the case. I invite you to "Watch the Movie" and the other informative information selected on the left panel.

Wishing you and the 517th PRCT organization a Healthy, Prosperous and Happy New Year.

Entry of Jan 03, 2004 at 12:58 [EST]
Name: Bobby Liddell, Jr.
Unit:
EMail:
bobliddell@aol.com
How I found the 517th page: Link from another web page
Comments: I am looking for information about my father's (Bobby Liddell)service. He passed away in 1981, and he did not talk much about what happened. He served from December/January 1944 to the end of the war, and was a Sgt., and a machine gunner in Company F.