From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 8:59 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1471 517TH PRCT-JANUARY 11, 2008
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com
   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Hello,

Happy Birthday Boom Boom ---"Awright, ya volunteered for parachute duty, now's your chance to prove ya meant it'

You must notify me when you change email address.

 Pease let me know if your email is not to be included in Mail Call by inserting FYEO .

You may at times have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Mail Call                                  Ben517@aol.com

Snowbird mini-reunion
Kissimmee, FL
Jan 20-24, 2008

Banquet Jan. 23

Palm Springs, CA

April 13-18, 2008

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29, 2008.

Recent website additions:

The Thunderbolt - August 1943

The 551st Attack on Trois Ponts, 2-7 Jan 1945
River Crossing and Attack at La Roquette, 27-28 August 1944
Howard B. Goodman, Service Company

Paras en Provence: Le 517th PRCT Dans Les Alpes Maritime
       from Armes Militaria Magazine (cover, article)

Howard Hensleigh

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOOM BOOM.

YOU ARE REMEMBERED AS THE STALWART LEADER OF THE BAND OF BROTHERS WHO WHEN NECESSARY BLEW THINGS TO SMITHEREENS AND FOR MANY OTHER THINGS, NOT THE LEAST OF WHICH ARE YOUR STERLING CHARACTER AND PHILOSOPHICAL APPROACH TO LIFE.  YOUR ADVICE TO US YOUNGER TROOPERS IS STILL RIGHT ON THE MONEY.  ONE THING I'LL NEVER FORGET IS THE ROLE YOU PLAYED AS THE SANTA ROSA PROVOST MARSHALL IN THE ARREST OF LT. MCELROY ON OUR LUXURIOUS OCEAN VOYAGE TO SUNNY ITALY.

MAY THE LORD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU AND US WITH YOUR LONG LIFE.

HOWARD HENSLEIGH

John Krumm

Ben,

This is John Krumm in Stockholm, Wisconsin.  I just wanted to wish Mr. Alicki a Happy Birthday!  I have really appreciated his entries on the 517th Mail Call over the last few years.  Thanks.

Claire Giblin

We have so appreciated BoomBoom's contributions to Mail Call over the years.  Happy Birthday to Boom Boom!

Nila Gott

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BOOM BOOM

Nila Gott (Vasquez)

Frank Ramos

Ben:  as I mentioned in Savannah and messages in your web site, had it not been for Fred Harman I would not have had the honor meet, know and experience the War Fighters like Boom Boom of the 517th that my "Big Brother" Ismael was part of earned with his Bronze Star and Combat Infantryman's Badge.

My best wishes and prayers of support to Boom Boom and all the members of the 517th who are struggling with their health.

Best

Frank Ramos

Lory Curtis
Ben,
This is to Boom Boom Alicki, May you have a very happy birthday.  My brother and I hope you are doing well. All of our best.

Lory and Tim Curtis, sons of Bud Curtis HQ, 1st BN

Jesse Davis and Kathy McIntosh

happy birthday Boom Boom. My dad says he will be 91 on Feb. 18.  Dad and i wish you the very best Birthday.  He thinks of you often.

Jesse K Davis and Kathy McIntosh
Babbie Boyle

Ben, guess Bill will not be making it to Kissimmee after all. I am still considering going but must clear it with the kids.  Bill has been having  too many falls and a couple of other problems and does not feel he can make it., he really wanted to.
Hope I can make it.
Babbie

Ray Estrella,

Hello Ben, Ray Estrella here. From our family to yours, and our extended 517 family our best best wishes to all for a safe, happy, and healthy 2008 !  Ben, I need a big favor from you. My brother-in-law, Ruben Duran, his wife Terry, along with my wife and I, have decided to finally make a trip to Europe this year. Is the 517th planning to go to Europe this year ?, and if so, where can we get info/details, etc.? Thanks for any assistance that you can render to us. Take care and God Bless.

Lory Curtis

Ben,
   Please let Betty Travers know that we are thinking about Myrle, and praying for his speedy recovery.  He is a great man, and what an experience he had when he was captured by the Germans.  Listening to his story just sent chills down my spine.   I am so grateful that I got to meet and know Myrle and Betty at the last two reunion.  They are a great couple.  All of our best.

Lory and Tim Curtis, sons of Bud Curtis, HQ, 1st BN

June and Jim Royer

Ben,  Our prayers are with Pat & Dan Smith and members of their family.
We have had the honor and pleasure of meeting them at various reunions.
What a wonderful couple. One can never be too careful taking the
highways today.
   We are sorry that we will not be able to make the Fla. reunion due to
my health. We will miss it and everyone very much.
                    Love to all,
                Jim & June Royer

Ray Estrella

Thanks for the prompt reply Ben. Due to business and scheduling conflicts, I am not sure that either Ruben or I could attend the St Louis meeting. Ruben belongs to a time share group that has many hotels through out Europe available to us. You could assist us by providing us with the location of the wonderful 517 friends/supporters that you mentioned in your e-mail reply. Once we know where they are located, we can reserve hotel rooms close to them. Your generous offer of assistance is very much appreciated. Ruben and I met yesterday to discuss preliminary plans for our upcoming trip. Our time frame is August, 2008. Ben, In closing, wanted to let you know that Ruben and I will be spending several days with you folks in Palm Springs this April. Take care, look forward to hearing from you again.-Ray Estrella

Guestbook entry
Comments:
Name: John Irwin