From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:41 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1474 517TH PRCT- JANUARY 15, 2008

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com
   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Hello,

I have received inquires about the Thunderbolt from those who have not received it .I am not directly involved in its publication and distribution, but I will try to get answers at the Kissimmee reunion next week when the usual suspects will be present.

We are starting a fund with volunteer contributions to assist our friends from Belgium and France to attend the St. Louis reunion. You can send a contribution to Leo Dean at  14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany New York 12203

You must notify me when you change email address.

 Pease let me know if your email is not to be included in Mail Call by inserting FYEO.

You may at times have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Pease let me know if your email is not to be included in Mail Call by inserting FYEO.

You may at times have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Mail Call                                  Ben517@aol.com

Snowbird mini-reunion
Kissimmee, FL
Jan 20-24, 2008

Banquet Jan. 23

Palm Springs, CA

April 13-18, 2008

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29, 2008.

Recent website additions:

The Thunderbolt - August 1943

The 551st Attack on Trois Ponts, 2-7 Jan 1945
River Crossing and Attack at La Roquette, 27-28 August 1944
Howard B. Goodman, Service Company

Paras en Provence: Le 517th PRCT Dans Les Alpes Maritime
       from Armes Militaria Magazine (cover, article)

Lucky and Billie (Hiers)

Ben:  We've been out of touch for about two months or more.  We're sorry we missed BOOM BOOM's birthday, but we are delighted he has celebrated another year.   We mention his name to each other often and wish we had known about the reason he was celebrated and we would have celebrated in absentia . Our fault for not staying home with the computer!

We are "hoping" to make the St. Louis reunion and can meet EVERYONE.   Until later,
Lucky and Billie (Hiers)

Peter and George Jansson, sons of Bertil G. Jansson "B" Company

Dear Mr. Alicki:  From 2 sons of a fellow 517th trooper of yours--a heartfelt happy birthday wish along with thanks we cannot describe to you and all members of the 517th.
From Peter and George Jansson, sons of Bertil G. Jansson "B" Company.

Dick Seitz

For Bob Cooper.  Bob you looked great on the TV program Battle of the Bulge,  The second battalion is proud of you.  Airborne all the way! Dick Seitz

This is mail from a 2003 Mail Call sent to us by our French friend Frederic. Maybe  someone  can recall the officer with the Dodge. "Grunts" didn't have a Dodge. Frederic, The photos would be interesting if you could still scan them. -Ben

Subj: 517th