From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2008 7:36 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1480 517TH PRCT- JANUARY 27, 2008
70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com
   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Hello,

We are starting a fund with volunteer contributions to assist our friends from Belgium and France to attend the St. Louis reunion. You can send a contribution to Leo Dean at  14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany New York 12203

 You must notify me when you change email address.

 Pease let me know if your email is not to be included in Mail Call by inserting FYEO.

You may at times have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Palm Springs, CA

April 13-18, 2008

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29, 2008.

Recent website additions:

When Weather Changed History:  The Battle of the Bulge

The Thunderbolt - August 1943

Paras en Provence: Le 517th PRCT Dans Les Alpes Maritime
       from Armes Militaria Magazine (
cover, article)

Darrell Egner

 Wow, what a great reunion!  Donna and Leila as always did a great job.  Without a doubt this was the best Florida Reunion ever.  And the best part is they have already booked the Hotel for 2009 and agreed to co-host it again.  The Food and Booze never ran out and the Hospitably room was always busy.  Girls, I don't know how you will top this years Reunion but I am sure you will find a way.  THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Attendance was good.  56 people signed up and 8 people had to cancel for various reasons.  At the Banquet we had 18 WWII veterans in the room.  Still a few of us around.  The weather was great, hot and sunny.  Looks like the good Lord is still looking out for us.

Dick Seitz spoke and remembered Don Fraser with a moment of silence.  He will also handle this at the St. Louis Reunion.  He also is going to contact our own General Grange and/or his son who also became a General.  My Son Matt flew Junior in Europe when David commanded a Division.  Small world, Huh?

Leo Dean is doing a wonderful job as Sectary/Treasurer.  He presented the Board of Directors and the Auxiliary with an up to date Financial Statement and for your information the 517 is not broke.  He has set up a special account for a Don Fraser Memorial and also an account for the Foreign visitors fund.  I would also like to thank Karen Wallace for giving us a list of the Auxiliary members and a recap of their Treasury.  It seems like everything is falling into place.  Guys the Auxiliary has our backs, were really in good shape so there will always be a 517 long after we are gone.

The St. Louis Reunion is way ahead of schedule thanks to Chris Lindner and her sister Bev.  I would be disappointed if we didn't have 400 people attend.  The jumpers that jumped in Washington are going to jump again.  The tours are set, the gifts in your welcome package are contracted for and the Armed Forces Reunions will handle the many details it takes for a successful Reunion.  The Sheraton Plaza Westport is a great hotel, maybe a 5 Star Hotel.  The rooms will cost a bit less then Washington.  It's close to the Airport and they run a free shuttle.  I'm told there is 17 good restaurants with in walking distance of the Hotel and the people in the Hotel that I have talked with can't wait to spoil us.

Helen Beddow will give you a run down in the near future of the new format for the Thunderbolt.  She and Claire are putting the pieces together and it is exciting from what I know.

I just received a phone call from Sam Povich a few minutes ago telling me that Jack Collins wife Barbara just passed away and will be put to rest Tuesday.  I met her a few times and she was a wonderful lady.  If you would like to send Jack a card his address is:  P.O. Box 155, Faison, NC  28341.

Hope to see all of you in St. Louis next June.

Darrell Egner
President
Babbie Boyle

You are right Ben, it was a great Reunion even even if we did have problems getting to the hotel. Thanks to all who were there and to are gracious hostesses.  I hope to make it again.
Babbie
Merle Traver

Subject: Fw: Greatest Military Photographs

Phil McSpadden

Hi Ben...glad to see that I'm receiving Mail Call once again...thanks for bringing that to my attention!  I have to echo Claire in her praise of Donna and Lelia for all the work they put into the reunion to make it a success.

Glad to see Claire make a one day trip to be with us...if she is planning on a trip to France in August 2009, count me in.

phil

Patricia and Roland Orengo
Hello Ben,
we will be in St Louis with all of you.
We want  to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. So, in Saint-Louis we will give you our participation.

Take care;
Patricia and Roland
Sospel
France