From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2008 7:46 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO.1484 517TH PRCT- FEBRUARY 1, 2008

70 Pleasant St. Cohasset, MA. 02025  *781 383 0215 * Mail Call : Ben Barrett  Ben517@aol.com
   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Hello,

The registration forms that I send to all somehow had Washington instead of St. Louis as the city. The country and the dates were correct. Just checking to see if anyone reads this stuff.

I address both in person and in Mail Calls General Seitz as Dick. This is at his own request.

We are starting a fund with volunteer contributions to assist our friends from Belgium and France to attend the St. Louis reunion. You can send a contribution to Leo Dean at  14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany New York 12203

You must notify me when you change email address.

 Pease let me know if your email is not to be included in Mail Call by inserting FYEO.

You may at times have a problem viewing photos. However, we place most photos on the website under Training and WWII Photos .

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Mail Call                                  Ben517@aol.com

Palm Springs, CA

April 13-18, 2008

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29, 2008.

Recent website additions:

When Weather Changed History:  The Battle of the Bulge

The Thunderbolt - August 1943

Paras en Provence: Le 517th PRCT Dans Les Alpes Maritime
       from Armes Militaria Magazine (cover, article)

 Lora Butler (Gerald Fryczynski 460

I am so sorry to hear of Mr. Marchand's passing.  My mom and I were just talking about him today!  He has continued to call my mother once or twice a month, keeping up correspondence after my father passed. I will let her know (she is in a rehab center recuperating from a broken shoulder).  I am sure I can speak for her, and let his family and friends know how sorry we are.  We have lost a good friend.
Lora Butler (Gerald Fryczynski)
Dick Seitz

Ben, just this hour received a phone call from 517th Dave Grange saying neither he nor his son can attend the 517th banquet in St Louis on 29 June.  Young General Grange is having a" big affair" that same night and invitations, etc etc have been issued.  Both Grange are extremely disappointed and want the Association to understand the would very like to be at the banquet, but it is impossible because of previous commitment.  Dick Seitz

Tom McAvoy
Ben, I am not sure if this may be of interest to many 517 people,  While I was in Regt. S-2 another trooper by name Ralph Antrime  (from Penn) came down with Appendicitis while on Tenn. maneuvers, after recovery he was sent to the 513 in London England, stayed in the military and achieved the rank of Lt. Col. Retired after 20 years and became a hospital  (I am not sure of his title), but a director of sorts.  I found him in 1990 and drove up to Penn. to meet him and his wife,  Very nice reunion after all the years, As a matter of fact he was the leader of the band that put on a dance for us in Toccoa, (for any of you that can remember that)  I pushed him: When Ralph are you going to retire? He said several times if I do I will probably die right away.  He called me a year or so later that I was the first to know he had just retired,  And sure enough he passed away a short time later.  (circulation problems)

Tom McAvoy

Kay (George) Mitchell

Hi Ben,
 Wanted to share this with you and our Mail Call friends ... a day we will never forget.
I haven't received Mail Call in several days ... pray everything is OK with you.
God Bless,
Kay (George) Mitchell

Steve Markle

Ben....

If someone hasn't already pointed it out, the header for both of these referred to Washington, DC, not St. Louis.

-Steve-
You are the first.. - Ben