From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:45 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1494 517TH PRCT- FEBRUARY 21, 2008

   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on

Hello,

We are starting a fund with volunteer contributions to assist our friends from Belgium and France to attend the St. Louis reunion. You can send a contribution to Leo Dean at  14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany New York 12203

Please let me know if your email is not to be included in Mail Call by inserting FYEO .

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

We up dating theThunderbolt roster. Please send mailing address to Helen Beddow HBeddow@cs.com  please include the name "517th" in the subject box.

Palm Springs, CA

April 13-18, 2008

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29, 2008.

Recent website additions:

George W. Cavnar, Reg. HQ

When Weather Changed History:  The Battle of the Bulge

The Thunderbolt - August 1943

Paras en Provence: Le 517th PRCT Dans Les Alpes Maritime
       from Armes Militaria Magazine (cover, article)

Helen Beddow

Good morning, everyone!

Claire and I are working on the next Thunderbolt, and we are learning a lot in this whole process.  It is a new ballgame for me to be out of the music world with this endeavor.  A little strange, but still very exciting.

We are wanting to have some pictures of the Kissimmee reunion.  For those of you that were there, we would be very grateful if you would share them with us.  If you will email them to me: HBeddow@cs.com I will then send them on to Claire and we will decide which ones that we want to use. What we don't use, we will keep for a display in St. Louis.

I have been getting several confirmation of mail addresses for the Thunderbolt.  If you have moved in the past 2 years, I want to check to make sure you are on the mailing list with the correct address.  Thank you to those that have sent me their correct mailing address.

I want to thank everyone for their support in helping Claire and I get started with the Thunderbolt.  We hope to soon give you a time that you can expect the see a Thunderbolt in your mailbox.

Steve Gomez

Ben,
I have finally obtained all three magazines and have scanned the "Combat Team" series by Col Graves. The covers are included and look pretty good. Unfortunately it comes to over 20+ megabytes. I could email a few pages at a time or burn the JPEG's to a CD and snail mail it to you. If possible I could FTP as well?
Please let me know.
Thanks and AIRBORNE!
Steve Gomez

Wade Gilbert
Ben,

I got a message from Darrell Egner regarding videotaping the reunion coming up in June.  Unfortunately we do not do this but I would speak to Karen and Gene Frice to see if they can gather videos and pictures from attendees and they can make a DVD from this as we did from the reunion in Portland.

Once a DVD is created our company can mass produce then mail them out at no charge.  If the 517 does hire a videographer please only have them tape and edit the reunion and if they can provide us with a Master DVD we can copy and send them out to everyone.

Unfortunately I did not write down the correct phone number for Darrell and if you could kindly forward this message to him I would greatly appreciate it.

If you great guys need anything else please don’t hesitate to call on me.  It’s always my pleasure to help as much as I can.

I  can definitely provide a projector to be used at the reunion.  The only thing you guys will need will be a screen.

Best regards,

Wade Gilbert

President / CEO

www.iavi.com

Dick Seitz

Just a note to thank Chris and Edith for their nice greetings.  Dick

Michael Krumm

Mr. Barrett,

Could you do me a tremendous favor and ask your contacts if any of them have any information, pictures or stories about John Krumm, my grandfather?  He passed away when I was young and I would love to know more about his experience in WW2.

Thank you so much for your time and efforts.  Have a wonderful day and God Bless!!

Michael Krumm
Beverage Manager - Axel's River Grille

Boom Boom Alicki  ( To Dick Seitz )

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE  FINEST AIRBORNE GENERAL AND LEADER  KNOWN THROUGH OUT THE SERVICE !

Boom Boom

Boom Boom Alicki

kathy mc intosh

hi ben,

today, feb. 18 is the birthday of my dad, JESSE K DAVIS.  he is 91!!!!!!  we are up here in Utah just relaxing.  he is in excellent health and we are talking about going to palm springs and see everyone.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESSE !  WISH YOU MANY MORE.

Boom Boom

Don Saunders

Etymology of Kilroy Was Here

Gilles Guinard

Dear Ben and Bob,

Please have a look at this... its just amazing...
Its not 517th related but im sure some friends of the 517th will enjoy seeing this..

best regards gilles

Wade Gilbert

For what it’s worth, I think this is very reasonable.  Once the DVD is produced our company will copy and send out for no charge to the 517; however, I think a $5-$10 donation should go to the 517 to help cover the cost of producing the DVD.

 Best regards,

 Wade Gilbert

www.iavi.com

517th Parachute Regimental Combat Team

2008 517th PCT
West Coast Party

Dates: April 13-18, 2008

Place: Quality Inn/Palm Springs, CA

Registration: $50.00 per Person

Room: $84.00 + Tax

Dates:

April 13th Early Registration, Optional

April 14th – Official Registration, Hospitality Suite 140 10AM-10PM

April 15th – Barbeque Buffet on the green for Troopers and their families 11:30AM- 1:30PM

April 16th – Social Day – Golfing, Shopping, Follies

April 17th – Men’s Business Meeting 10:00AM -11:30AM Conference Room

Farewell Banquet –Dinner and dancing  Canyon Country Club

7:00PM – 10:00 PM

April 18th – Check out. Have a safe trip home.

Hospitality Suite open daily in Room 140 10:00AM- 10:00PM

Open bar and snacks

Quality Inn

1269 East Palm Canyon Drive

Palm Springs, CA

Phone 1-800-472-4339

Be sure to mention the 517th PCT

Please make registration check payable to William T. Christian (Bill)

Mail to: 17422 Parker Drive Tustin, CA 92780

Questions call (714) 838-0613 or BigZebra@sbcglobal.net

Families and Friends Always Welcome