From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2008 4:12 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1495 517TH PRCT-FEBRUARY 24, 2008

   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on
It is best that I send this mail Call out now.There are enough links to keep all busy for quiet awhile.

We are starting a fund with volunteer contributions to assist our friends from Belgium and France to attend the St. Louis reunion. You can send a contribution to Leo Dean at  14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany New York 12203

 Please let me know if your email is not to be included in Mail Call by inserting FYEO.

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

We up dating theThunderbolt roster. Please send mailing address to Helen Beddow HBeddow@cs.com  please include the name "517th" in the subject box.

Palm Springs, CA

April 13-18, 2008

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29, 2008.

Information and Registration Forms:

 formatted pdf forms simple Web Page format
Sheraton Westport Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form
Sheraton Westport Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form

Recent website additions:

517th Victory in Europe Prop Blast - May 19 1945

Toivo Moisio (?), Company D

Blue Book Magazine articles - 1947-1948
George W. Cavnar, Reg. HQ

When Weather Changed History:  The Battle of the Bulge

The Thunderbolt - August 1943

Paras en Provence: Le 517th PRCT Dans Les Alpes Maritime
       from Armes Militaria Magazine (cover, article)

Irma and Arnold Targnion

Mr President and dear friends,
We are very sorry but we shall not be able to attend the reunion in St Louis. I cannot explain by mail but we have some important problems - because of that it is not possible for us to leave Belgium during this next summer. We shall miss you and we are very sad. We wish a very happy and successful reunion. Warm regards and best wishes from Trois-Ponts. Irma and Arnold TARGNION

Darrell Egner

Hi Wade

I am sending this through E-mail so all of the 517 Brothers and families will know what a asset you have been through the years.  Each time we asked you to help with Equipment, Monetary Assistance, Etc. your always ready to help the 517.  A simple THANK YOU does not begin to express our feelings but that is all I have.

We will except your kind offer to loan us a Projector for the St. Louis Reunion.  I sure hope you will be able to attend this Reunion.  I look forward to meeting you.  We are expecting about 400 people to attend.  Our Co-Chairs Chris Lindner and Bev Strothkamp have done a remarkable job putting this Reunion together.

Just a reminder the dates for the Reunion are June 26 - 30, 2008

Darrell Egner
Mike Kane

Hi Bob,

I recently came across some memorabilia.  First is a picture of two troopers and on the back is written "June 6, 1945 Joigny France".  I think the trooper on the right is Toivo Moisio.

 The other six scans look to be a program from a Prop Blast in Joigny on May 16, 1945 to celebrate the end of the war.   It has a small mark noting it was from a printer in Paris.  Must have been a rush job a week after the war ended.  Note the "Saturdey Mai 19" on the cover .  There may be other copies of this on the website, but I thought I'd send it since it has a lot of autographs on it that others may be happy to have.  Probably mostly D Company

 All the best to you and your dad,

 Mike Kane

517th Victory in Europe Prop Blast - May 19 1945

Toivo Moisio (?), Company D

Steve Gomez

Ben,

I have finally obtained all three magazines and have scanned the "Combat Team" series by Col Graves. The covers are included and look pretty good. Unfortunately it comes to over 20+ megabytes. I could email a few pages at a time or burn the JPEG's to a CD and snail mail it to you. If possible I could FTP as well?

Please let me know.

Thanks and AIRBORNE!

Steve Gomez

Blue Book Magazine articles - 1947-1948

Bob Barrett

Steve,

 I posted the article on the web site.  Everything looks great.

 http://517prct.org/documents/bluebook_magazine/bluebook_magazine.htm

 the pdf versions, they should be easy to view and print.

 Bob

Steve Gomez

Bob-Ben,
Thank you BOTH for the hard work!
Everyone appreciates it.
Steve
Bob Barrett

I just found this on the internet, from FactualFactory.com.  Photos and videos.  74 minutes.

 The liberation of Europe, invasion of Southern France [BX6779]

 It mentions the 509th getting ready, and mentions “below were other paratroopers who had spearheaded the invasion the night before”

 Also:  Jumping Paratroopers [AX6971].  Looks like mostly black paratroopers in training – therefore the 555th?

 Battle of the Bulge Newsreels:  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6427745185251679612

 Battle of the Bulge Cap 1:  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6151910489618538441

Gilles Guignard
Subj: german focke wulf in the forrest

 Dear Ben and Bob,

 Please have a look at this... its just amazing...

Its not 517th related but im sure some friends of the 517th will enjoy seeing this..