From: Ben517@aol.com
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 10:11 PM
To: undisclosed-recipients:
Subject: MAIL CALL NO. 1519- 517TH PRCT--APRIL 4,2008
   http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/mailcall.mp3< Click on
Hello

You can send me mail about medical advise but I can not forward it to others and so if Emergency, Call 911 or if unable to do so pray.

 There is still time to register for the Palm Springs Reunion April 13-18.

Please try to send in donations to Keep the 517 PRCT Association viable. Suggested amount $30.00 to  include Thunderbolt.  Auxiliary members $20.00 Plus $10.00 if you want to receive the  Thunderbolt.  Send donations to  Leo Dean, 14 Stonehenge Lane, Albany, NY  12203.  Make checks payable to 517prct.  Donations for the Auxiliary should be sent to  Karen Frice Wallace   66295 Highway 20  Bend, OR 97701

Palm Springs, CA

April 13-18, 2008

 517TH ST. LOUIS REUNION BEGINS:

THURSDAY, JUNE 26, 2008 THRU MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008
THE BANQUET WILL BE ON SUNDAY JUNE 29, 2008.

Information and Registration Forms:

 formatted pdf forms simple Web Page format

Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form
Reunion schedule of Events
517th Reunion Registration Form

Recent website additions:

Lester Gene Hyman and friends, 596th PCEC

Lots of pictures of the 596th, most unidentified soldiers

517th Victory in Europe Prop Blast - May 19 1945

Toivo Moisio (?), Company D

Blue Book Magazine articles - 1947-1948
George W. Cavnar, Reg. HQ

The Thunderbolt - August 1943

Paras en Provence: Le 517th PRCT Dans Les Alpes Maritime
       from Armes Militaria Magazine (cover, article)

Mark Landreth

Ben - I would submit, no matter how long CPT Ellison spent in combat in Panama, it was more than enough time. Thanks to Alan Greer and Pat Seitz for posting his email. It brings tears to my eyes to think of the history we're losing on a daily basis as many troopers make that "Final Jump" and how little people these days seem to realize, or appreciate, it. Simple words are insufficient to thank you and your comrades for everything you've done for my generation and those that will follow. mark

Helen Beddow

Soon to be gone"  sent in by Dick Seitz..........so very powerful, so very proud of all our veterans.   God bless our 517th men and all of those that have fought for our freedom.

Jerry Wolfford

We truly take a lot for granted. Forget the football 'heroes' and movie 'stars'.

Bob Barrett

Urban Legends Reference Pages: The Rock in Iowa

 Virginia Jorgen-- 2002

A    PROUD PARATROOPER"

      What a guy won't go through,
      It's hard to explain,